Preschool

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaii05. Show hawaii05's posts

Preschool

I was wondering what I need to enroll my son into Preschool.  As you can tell it will be my first going to school.  It will not be until next Septemer since he will only be 2.9 this coming september.  I would just like to start getting some things together in my head for what I have to and will need to do now.
    Thanks!
    hawaii05

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Re: Preschool

Not sure what you mean by need.  Do you mean actually need to register, like a birth certificate, or what you should be looking for in a preschool?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaii05. Show hawaii05's posts

Yes, sorry, is it just a birth certificate that I'd need to register my child? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

Hawaii, What you need to register for preschool is dictated by the individual preschools. In my experience, the preschool will tell you what you need. I have never been asked for a birth certificate, but they all generally require proof of immunization and lead screening, which you can just ask your pediatrician for when the preschool you have selected asks for it (I mean, you don't need it in advance to apply and the proof is only good for one year anyway). The only thing you need to do right now is visit preschools, select a few you like, and apply to be admitted -- you are smart to think of this in advance because some/many preschools start enrolling in September for the following year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hawaii, Hot-tomato gave you good advice. I have to add to that though, most preschools (if not all) wants the preschooler out of diapers. You are smart to start thinking about registering already. I registered my children almost at birth, since the school we would like was very popular and only took a small group of children. At the time, I had no idea about  preschooling or if we wanted to send our first to preschool, but my good friend adviced us to register him anyway - the sooner the better. And we were glad we did.