PSA-Frizz Solution

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

PSA-Frizz Solution

This is a follow up to the post lamenting frizzy hair after pg.  I discovered this seriously magical product that I have been using all week.  It's called No Frizz by Living Proof. It's an entire line of silicone-free anti frizz shampoos/conditioners/styling product that actually works. I have baby fine hair and I frizz like nobody's business in the heat or damp, and most frizz stuff weighs it down.  This stuff is amazing.  I have been cheating b/c I have tons of L'Oreal sulfate free shampoo at home, so I've just been using the conditioner, but OMG what a difference. Frizz free and tons of volume.

I got it at Sephora, but per the Nordstrom catalog that came last night, they carry it too.  HTH!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Re: PSA-Frizz Solution

I have baby fine hair to and summertime is not fun!  I am so going to check this out.  Was it expensive?  Are you going to use all the products or just the styling products?

Thanks for the tip!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

You're welcome!  It's not cheap.  I bought the trial sized conditioner [I am a sucker for new antifrizz products] and it was $10.  Full sized bottles look to be about $24.  I have spent that much and more before for hair stuff that didn't work.  However, a full sized bottle of shampoo tends to last me 4-6 months.  Conditioner lasts at least 6 months [full sized ones anyway] b/c I don't use a ton of it. 

I've been using the L'Oreal sulfate free shampoo and conditioner and those run about $6-8 each.  This stuff works so much better. I have to use a deep conditioner w/ the L'Oreal and from what I can tell so far, I can cut that out w/ this stuff, so that saves another $10 per month.

So far, I haven't used the styling products.  I have pretty good luck w/ the John Frieda anti-frizz mousse.  I have a full container of it at home and will use that up before I get anything else. 

Also, my hair is so babyfine that I use the conditioner before I shampoo.  If you have any issues w/ flat hair, this is something worth trying.  I also only wash my hair every other day.  Doing so cuts way down on the frizz. HTH!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

Sephora is great in that they will make you samples of what you want to try.  I have done that several times, and it was great because sometimes I was unhappy with the product and didn't have to spend a ton on it and have the rest of the bottle or whatever left over...  just a thought!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Thanks itsallnew that is really great to know.  I hate buying stuff and not liking it and I know most things can then be returned but I just stink at returning stuff! So silly because some things are so expensive.

Alf - I tried washing my hair only every other day but it gets so oily on day 2.  I didn't know about the conditioning first and washing second...I am going to try that.  I also use very little shampoo and conditioner as my hair is short.  I think it's worth the money if it works because then I am happy with my hair instead of frustrated!

I just happen to almost be out of shampoo and conditioner so I think I am going to go and try it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

LLE, I rinse it thoroughly w/ water [ie, scrub like I'm shampooing but don't use shampoo] and style as usual.  Also, Tresseme makes a phenomenal dry shampoo that really cuts out the greasies at the hairline.  If it's super greasy, rub some of your facial cleanser into your hairline when you are in the shower.  I found it took about a week for my hair to get used to not being washed every day, but it made a giant difference re: frizz.  My hair is chin length w/ long layers and I have full bangs, so I know how the shorter hair, esp near your face, gets greasier before longer hair does.

Also, using a natural bristle brush rather than a brush w/ plastic or synthetic bristles made a huge difference too.  I know I sound like a hair fanatic, but I have battled w/ frizz since I was a teenager and finally figured it in my mid-30s. :-) Good luck!  The stuff smells great too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Great thread!  I'm going to try that stuff...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Thanks Alf...I'm really excited to try it!

Sections
Shortcuts