Question for other non-Santa households

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: Question for other non-Santa households

In Response to Re: Question for other non-Santa households:
    In Response to Re: Question for other non-Santa households : I just got back from the Post Office (everything going to make it on time, no extra postage this year!), and read this and about fell off my couch laughing.  You truly crack me up, lemon.
    Posted by kargiver

Our daughter really liked a toy monkey and they tried to give it to us and it was this whole weird thing. Well, the red present happened after that, and then they invited us to Thanksgiving, so I think we're okay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

lemon, you are super awesome in my book.
    Posted by SilverFestiva

right back at you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Question for other non-Santa households : Our daughter really liked a toy monkey and they tried to give it to us and it was this whole weird thing. Well, the red present happened after that, and then they invited us to Thanksgiving, so I think we're okay.
    Posted by lemonmelon

Gasp, you were serious!  Oh, that's all the funnier.   I'm sure they've gathered you're really sweet neighbors by now that don't EVER mean any disrespect.  And, now you know to inform anyone going over there that they must never mention how much they adore their what appears to be an antique hand-carved ivory Buddha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

For the record, I know what a troll is.  The possibility the post was inflammatory intentionally didn't cross my mind.  I thought people were accusing her of being irrational and irksome simply for suggesting Santa was unnecessary.  I tend to disregard people's names until I have to cite someone's previous comment in a thread.  I'm pretty sure my name is a holdover from when I was 16 and had to make an aim screenname on a whim (remember IM?!). 
    If people have a history of ridiculousness with the OP, that makes sense.  It is kind of funny if her story is made-up, since it's so close to how I was brought up haha. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

There was a tone to the OP's post that was totally different from yours. Yours was kind of, "yeah, that's not our thing."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I still use AIM everyday. Is it like old-fashioned or something?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I still use AIM everyday. Is it like old-fashioned or something?
    Posted by SilverFestiva

I actually thought that you were randomly (very strangely) talking about toothpaste it was so long ago that I used AOL's AIM!  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I technically use Digsby - so I have gmail, AIM and Facebook all rolled into one. I'm fancy, I know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I still thought you meant toothpaste...that's funny, no?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukes58. Show lukes58's posts

i'm raking my brain trying to figure out why the op seems so uptight with i don't know - i guess our way of life -- i do not believe in god - was raised catholic but do not believe -- i have no problem with any religion or people of faith as long as they don't bother me about it and i respect their right to pray, put out their decorations, whatever, whenever -- when i was a young mother, i tried to read the bible to my daughter - not sure why - yes, i am, because people told me i should give her a chance to learn something of religion - so when i started with noah's ark and she came up with the question that if only noah's family survived, why are there white, black, chinese, etc people in this world - that was hwen she was three -- i gave up -- i couldn't explain that any more than i can explain why if there is a god, war happens (free will my mother said ) ok how about a child being born with brain damage - she didn't have free will -- anyway my daughter is an athiest as well now all grown up at 25 - but i believe we are more "christian" than most catholics i know -- anyway, i'm still trying to figure out why the op is having such a hard time with our community

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

A good portion of the thread was dedicated to your question, lukes; you aren't the only one who wondered the same thing and then got put down for it by the OP.  It was interesting.  The irony is that the discussion was excellent regarding Santa and kids' belief systems.  I wonder why she started the thread at all if she wasn't going to find any of this open discussion about Santa useful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GunghoGuy. Show GunghoGuy's posts

In my house Santa Claus is a common subject as apple pie....a happy time especially in the entire month of December....jolly olde St Nick and Father Christmas.....wish all io here a very Merry Chjristmas and a Happy New Year....to all other non Santa households tyry and struggle to get through the day!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GunghoGuy. Show GunghoGuy's posts

oooppss....in and try....jeeez, I'm human afterall....LOL

Sections
Shortcuts