Sex or the Super Bowl?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

Sex or the Super Bowl?

According to this blog post, 8 out of 10 BabyCenter moms would rather have sex than watch the big game Sunday.
    http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/0129201280-percent-moms-prefer-sex-to-watching-super-bowl-dads-want-sex-skip-the-super-bowl/
    What would you rather do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Sex or the Super Bowl?

Why on earth can't you do both? I mean, the game doesn't last 24 hours. 

And seriously, some woman is going to tell her husband that she won't have sex w/ him if he watches the game?  What a giant B.  It's one afternoon.  Get over it.  And I hate football, too! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

THis is a stupid question.  I always assumed the halftime show was specifically designed to be boring and wicked long for a reason.

Also, The implication is that women hate football and sex.  I love both--and I certainly love football more than my husband. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL, ladies, I couldn't have said anything better.  Love the halftime show observation, especially, lissafro.  And, yeah, any woman that withholds from her husband because he watches the game...why wouldn't she want to ride the tailwind of the excitement?  No play on words intended.  Ride?  Tail?  Sorry. ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Well - Sunday nap time is our "usual' these days. That being said, I was planning on both this week. Smile
    I'm so much more excited for the game than DH.  My dad has had season tickets since 1992. This was the first home Championship Game I haven't seen in person in a LONG time. It's so hard to go to the game with 2 LO's at home.

Are there really women out there who withhold because of the Superbowl? really?  Are they still married?

Sports are fun, exciting, encourage physical activity and inspire people to strive for excellence. They also show first hand that sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you don't win the trophey. Those are all things I want my children to learn about. What could be bad about that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Misslily, after our chat last year, I've often wondered how you two were doing.  Gotta love the afternoon delights, right?!  You're not worn to a frazzle by that time and wishing you could just go to sleep for the night.  Woo hoo!  Go Lilies!  And Patriots, of course!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oceangirl503. Show oceangirl503's posts

DS was conceived during half time of the Superbowl last year. I say go for both! We had been trying for awhile with no luck and just forgot about TTC and just had fun.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

You love football more than your husband? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I'm guessing that she meant that she loves football more than her husband loves football. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

haha.  yes. Dangling modifier.  Sorry.  And I"m an English teacher--A grave sin! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

And if we're talking about the Pats being in the Superbowl, than it might be true for the hours they're playing.  If he tried to change the channel I wouldn't love him for those tense moments haha. There is home video of my father teaching me the rules of football when I was 3 (you get 4 chances to get past the couch.  If you get past the couch in 4 chances you get 4 more chances to get past the lamp, etc.).  I am obsessed with football.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lissa that's a great description. :) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Lissa I read your post the same way that you love football more than you love your husband...had to reread to get it.  It made me laugh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Lissa, is your dad available for football tutorials these days? :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Is your level of understanding of football that of a 3-year-olds? haha.  It's one of my favorite home videos.  It's from the year we played the Bears (and got slaughtered, incidentally)--I believe it was the '85 season.  I had this little plastic novelty Patriots football and my dad was gracious enough to let me be the Patriot while he was "da bear," complete with bear noises and a bad Belushi impersonation. 
    I'm totally that girl that SCREAMS at the television.  Even in a crowded bar with a TV on mute I know what's going on because I know all the hand signals for the ref's calls.  I totally embarrassed myself at my husband's work party this year because it was during the regular-season game against the Broncos and I kept shouting like I had Tourette's in the middle of totally polite conversations and small talk around cheese platters because I had my eye on the TV outside the function room at the edge of the bar. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricksok1. Show ricksok1's posts

I'm trying to determine whether the woman in the equation views sex as better than the Super Bowl or she hates the Super Bowl so much she would rather have sex than tolerate her husband enjoying the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeregrinesBoat. Show PeregrinesBoat's posts

You do not need the Super Bowl to make a touchdown and score, deep in the end zone for that matter.

But eating nachos in bed or whatever the playing field should be strictly forbidden. :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

****sigh****
    It's the curse of that damn bimbo!

:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Well after last night's display, I like sex better than the Superbowl......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We proved it's not an either/or kind of thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

See, you CAN have your cake and eat it, too!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

In Response to Re: Sex or the Super Bowl?:
    I know all the hand signals for the ref's calls.  I totally embarrassed myself at my husband's work party this year because it was during the regular-season game against the Broncos and I kept shouting like I had Tourette's in the middle of totally polite conversations and small talk around cheese platters because I had my eye on the TV outside the function room at the edge of the bar. 
    Posted by lissafro

My husband would marry you in a minute if things don't work out for each of us.... I can hold my own with football and really do like it, but you are way ahead of me!

Sections
Shortcuts