Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Should I have sent another gift?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

I think you bringing a gift when you go to visit her and the baby would be more than generous.� Or maybe you could go to the baby shower and announce "you are pregnant".�� Just kidding of course.�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckjag. Show beckjag's posts

I'm not an etiquette expert, but as the mother of 2, if I had had a baby shower, I would not expect a friend who would have had to fly to come to a shower to send a gift when she couldn't come.Obviously I'm no grammar expert either, b/c that's an awful sentence.In other words, if you want to send a gift, go ahead, but Emily Post will not rise from the grave to "tsk tsk" you if you don't.� Just send a card mentioning that you're looking forward to meeting the baby when you visit later.�

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from julper. Show julper's posts

So cute! I got pg in October and found out on Halloween!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I would say there is nothing to do but send your regrets.

And a random note, my Mom told me she thinks I will be preggers in October, and my sister told me that she thinks we are going to have a honeymoon baby!� But I think both are wrong, however I am guessing they are setting up a secret little family pool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

But I'm still worried - should I have sent a gift to the shower, too??�no.� You have already given her her shower gift.Mind you, this is a person who took almost a year (!) to send her wedding thank you notes, never sent me a thank-you for the gift I gave her last Fall, and, as I said, used my wedding to announce her pregnancy.�Stop it now, as my dear sainted Mother always said, "Two wrongs don't make a right."� We are talking about you, not her.� If she is your friend, you can forgive her minor inadequacies.� As her friend, you must behave as well as you know how.�

Sections
Shortcuts