Spotting after missed OCP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Hi everyone.
    Last week I (accidentally) missed taking my OCP one night, I also had s*x the same night.
    Yesterday, I noticed some light (brown) spotting and was experiencing weird cramps, similar to period pain, my period isn't due for another week.
    Anyone got any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Thanks Red and Onecool. I spoke with my doctors surgery and she advised to skip the pill this week and see if my period arrives in the next few days andthen just start taking the pill again Sunday. If I haven't got my period by Sunday, I have to go in for a PT.... about 6 months before we had planned to start trying, but will cross that bridge if/when we have to!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from onecoolchick. Show onecoolchick's posts

That could just be spot bleeding from skipping the pill. I wouldn't worry until you are late.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red1977. Show Red1977's posts

are you on a triphasic pill? It's pretty normal to spot if you miss a pill. You probably won't get pregnant if you just missed one pill. See your package insert for details, because it could depend on the week you missed the pill (if you're on a triphasic pill). Usually, I think you are supposed to take the missed pill as soon as you remember (and therefore may take 2 at once), but again, check your package insert.