Stuff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from julper. Show julper's posts

Stuff

Yes you're right - the economy IS scary! We haven't figured all that out yet (MIL has promised to babysit 2 - 3 days per week which will save money but cuts down the daycare options) I am just so excited about having a baby I know I can figure out the rest. I think I'm in kind of a happy pregnancy fog thinking about the baby and nothing else really matters... maybe thats where you were with your first? Now you actually know what having a baby is like, so, you are appropriately aprehensive!? LOL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Stuff

I have to be totally honest.....I think that registering for gifts for baby no. 2 is a little icky.

just my two cents, as always, with best wishes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Stuff

That is EXACTLY it! Enjoy the fog! Best wishes!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckjag. Show beckjag's posts

Stuff

We registered for a few things, mostly b/c family members were asking what we needed. We have 2 girls, first born in January (3 years ago tomorrow!), 2nd born this past July.

I would say no on the car seat bunting. We had something similar for our first, and at the hospital, one of the nurses recommeded against it, saying that you should never add anything to the car seat, that it was manufactured to be used as is (or words to that effect). Never really missed it. With the car heat on, and the baby dressed warmly and with a blanket covering her, she was fine.

As for the bottles, I think just getting new vents and nipples would be fine.

More on registering--my feeling is that if people are asking if you're registering, they're not going to think you're gift grubby, that they (probably) want to get a gift for your new baby, and would prefer to get something that you need. I don't have problems with registeries--I like knowing what people want for gifts, especially for a new baby. I don't consider it gift grubby (obviously, since I did it myself). I only told people who asked, mostly family anyway.

Just my opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Stuff

Hi everyone,

I need some advice about "stuff" for baby number 2. Our first child was a boy born in August. I am now 31 weeks along with a girl due March 25th. I have a few things that I am wondering if I need. Hopefully you guys can help!

1. Bundle me (bunting for car seat) - do I need this? I was originally thinking yes but now I am not so sure.

2. Bottles - I still have the bottles from my son. They are playtex ventaire. They were well used for a year and have been in storage for 2 years. Should I get new ones or just replace the vents and nipples? I plan on breast feeding but want to have something on hand in case that doesn't work out.

3. People at work are asking if I am going to register for items that I want. I hadn't even thought of registering. I don't want to look gift grubby. There isn't much that we need (more that we want) but there are a few things (clothes, possibly bottles).

I am just being indesicive on all things related to baby and I am starting to feel overwhelmed. It's odd we bought a house and move in when I was this far along last time and I wasn't overwhelmed in the least. Ugh. Please help!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Stuff

My son is 3. That's how. :-)

I was meaning that the clothing we have from him is a different season. He spent the first part of his life in onesies. This child would freeze if we did that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Stuff

Believe me Cosmo I think it is icky too. I have just had a ton of people ask if I am planning on registering so I thought I'd see what others have done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Stuff

Mush brain gets worse with each child. I am surprised that I am not sitting here drooling some days!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from julper. Show julper's posts

Stuff

Well I think if you only need clothes and bottles, then when people ask if you're registered, you can say "no but we do need girl clothes for and bottles!" I would love to go shopping for a friend and get to pick out girly baby clothes!

I post on another pregnancy board and the ladies there have been recommending something called "baby legs," they are like leg warmers for the baby. That way you can have her in a onsie and the leggings, and still change a diaper easily! I don't think I'll need them since I am due in July but you might want to take a look!

Oh I can't believe how close you are getting, are you super excited? I'm only 16 weeks and I can hardly wait to meet and hold my child!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Stuff

Thanks Julper. That is what I was leaning towards doing.

Actually I am terrified and excited at once. Just really unsure about having 2 kids and how to handle that. We are also still trying to figure out if I'll be working and how that will work (the economy is scary!). There is a ton going on but it will all work out. The funny thing is that at this point the first time I was totally excited and not feeling overwhelmed at all. We had just purchased our first house and were doing home improvements. I long for those days. I am sure I'll get there. I just need some time to get organized!