Teen Model

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefty803. Show Lefty803's posts

Teen Model

I have a very naive question!  My daughter, who is a very laid-back, outgoing 15-year-old, is going to her very first casting call for commercials / modelling very soon.  We have never attended such an event before. 
    I've been able to find all kinds of tips and advice on the Internet about what to bring and how to behave, but here's the one I can't find - they advised her to "dress professionally," specifying "No jeans, t-shirts or sneakers."  So... what should she wear?  Should she be dressed to the 9s, or what?  Dress?  Suit?  Nice slacks and an argyle sweater?  I haven't the slightest idea.  Has anyone taken a teen to a casting call before?  How do the girls dress?
    Thank you very much!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redflatshoe. Show redflatshoe's posts

Re: Teen Model

My sister did modeling before in HS.  She used to wear either dress pants, knee length skirt or a knee length dress.  The clothes must tailored or fit her properly (not too long, too short, too tight, too lose), the colors must complement her skin tone and personality.  Never micro mini-skirt, demin jeans or hoodie.  If the casting call is for an alternative type look, the a little edgy look is needed. 

Generally an approchable girl next door look is preffered.  Most of these casting calls are for catalogs, which barely pays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree with redflat.  Interview attire, essentially.  I'd go for a skirt, not pants, though, but that's personal preference.  Navy skirt, ivory or white blouse.  "Sensible" pumps with pantihose.  Demure, natural-looking makeup; I recommend Bare Escentials.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

In Response to Teen Model:

Just beware.  Make sure you're not actually going to an "audition" for a modelling school.  They tend to make the girls feel great, when in fact they're just looking at the dollar signs.  I used to work for a modelling school and was disheartened at how they took advantage of people's dreams of fame.  You pay thousands of dollars for training and it is very rare that your daughter would be called to audtion for a job, no matter how gorgeous she is!  There are certainly legitamate modelling agencies and casting companies out there, just make sure you do your research, both for your pocketbook and your daughter's self esteem.

Good Luck!!
    = )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good advice, teeny!  Absolutely couldn't agree more.  Please, please, please do your research and don't get caught up in the glory of it all only to get very burned.