the cinnamon challenge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

the cinnamon challenge

Have you ever heard of "the cinnamon challenge?"

http://www.boston.com/community/moms/articles/2012/03/24/doctors_see_cinnamon_challenge_as_recipe_for_disaster/

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Re: the cinnamon challenge

I had never heard about it before now but honestly, right now I kind of want to go try it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No, I'd never heard of it, but teens will never cease to find new, inventive, "fun" ways to kill themselves by accident.  I think it's got something to do with the frontal cortex of the brain (responsible for judgement) being the last to develop in humans, not fully done growing until the early twenties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

It's funny on Tosh.O, but probably not something to try at home. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

I've heard of it, it's not a new thing. Several years ago a couple of my male coworkers attempted it at work (during down time, of course). Neither one could do it and both were severely uncomfortable, coughing and choking after. Not a smart idea.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from keane5050. Show keane5050's posts

My daughter is in high school and I am very familiar with this "challenge".  Many of her friends have done it and then posted the videos on Facebook.  As far as I know, there have been no long lasting ill effects, just a lot of coughing and choking.  
    This was going on earlier in the year.  It looks like the trend has died down, at least at her school.  I will be sure to direct her to this article and make sure she spreads the word.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bzyarn. Show bzyarn's posts

It can lead to obstructed airway, pneumonia/infection from inhaling the cinnamon, pneumothorax, scarring of the airways, even require a stint in a ventilator.  I have not heard of deaths from this, but it could concieveably happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from purplecow89. Show purplecow89's posts

I can't wait to see the SNL spoof of this one.  Should be good.

Sections
Shortcuts