Thermometer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Thermometer?

Can anyone recommend a reliable thermometer to use with a 5 year old?  The oral one I have takes too long and my son fights my using the rectal one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Re: Thermometer?

I don't have any personal experience, but I've heard that the in-ear electronic ones are OK for toddlers and older. (They apparently aren't accurate for infants). They are pretty fast, and they don't hurt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1stTimeMom90709. Show 1stTimeMom90709's posts

For Christmas I received one of those new ones that you just scan across your forehead.  It's what they use in hospitals now.  No idea how much they cost though since it was a gift.  The temperature seems pretty accurate as I have double checked with oral and rectal readings as well.  Apparently it takes 1,000 readings a second or something like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MummyKitM. Show MummyKitM's posts

I used to use an ear thermometer, but it can be difficult with a toddler(my DD is 4) to get it in properly and if they have *any* wax or an ear infection, forget it!
    I just purchased a forehead one on the advice of a surgical nurse, and although it takes getting used to using it, it's wonderful. They cost anywhere from $20 to $100+. Good luck
    Oh, by the way, I bought the one made by Vick's. Large, easy-to-see read-out that lights up so I can use it while she sleeps.

Sections
Shortcuts