Toddler in car

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KayETee. Show KayETee's posts

Toddler in car

I have a 3 yr. old grandson.  His mother is my step-daughter.  She is attending college and leaves him in the car while she attends class, sometimes for several hours at a time.  She leaves him in the car with her mother, who is a stroke victim.  Her mother has no use of her left arm and no use of her legs and is wheelchair-bound.  I am concerned that the little boy can "escape" the car and run and she could not stop him.  Or, someone could take the child out of the car.  He can sometimes be quite naughty and screams at his grandmother and is stronger than she is.  He also takes the cell phone from his grandmother, so she couldn't call for help if necessary.  I am not trying to overreact and I know times have changed, but I am beside myself to have this little boy left in a car with someone who cannot help him, defend herself or do much in an emergency situation.  I'd like to know anyone's opinion about this--do I need to worry?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Re: Toddler in car

That is absolute child abuse and she should have her child taken away from her for gross negligence.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KayETee. Show KayETee's posts

Thank you for your opinion.  I am in the awful position of being the STEP-mother and have been to feel like I am being too rough on the step-daughter.  I SO needed some validation that I'm not just stupid.  I have begged my husband to talk to his daughter and his response is he knows she won't listen to him, so why make waves?  In this case, I think waves are necessary, more than waves.  I didn't tell you that she is also pregnant with baby #2, due in March.  I have NO idea what her plans for school are then, if she thinks she can take BOTH kids and leave them in the car or what.  I will now pursue this on my own, independent of my husband.  Thank you for your help.  Someone posted this must be a troll--this is my first time here, so I don't know what that means.  Can someone explain?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from woopie. Show woopie's posts

Taken from wikipedia.com...

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Sections
Shortcuts