Travel with baby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RitaTatem. Show RitaTatem's posts

Travel with baby

Can anyone suggest a baby friendly place to spend a few days around the Cape?  Or anywhere in NE for that matter.  A lot of places are kid friendly but baby doesn't swim!  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: Travel with baby

Not sure what you're asking for....a place to stay, some activities, etc.?

For example, Dennisport is a very family-friendly area.  You can rent a small cottage south of Lower County Road and walk to the beach or there are many hotels along Chase Road.

Everyone brings babies to the beach....no they don't swim but you can put them in a floatie, hold them, or walk along the shore with them.  All you really need for baby at the beach is an umbrella, a towel, and a Swimmies diaper -- the pack and play, 100 toys, diaper bag, bottles, 6 bathing suits, goggles, swim shoes, etc. are all optional.

So what else did you want to know?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

My 7 month old son's bottle is OPTIONAL at the beach?  Wow, tell that to him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

... and then after your beach day, you'll have a delicious dehydrated, sun-roasted, salted baby with a side of diaper rash.

Or you could also bring bottles, diapers, sunblock, and a change of clothing (babies are sensitive to water and need to be dried and changed after getting wet). And please do NOT put your baby on or in a flotation device.

Of course, nobody asked what to bring, just where to go, but in case anyone is high enough to follow cosmogirl's advice, please step back from the computer and slap yourself across the face.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Happy to be of help!!  LOL.

Obviously, I was thinking that if the LW rented a place like I described, then the beach is right there and you can pop down for a half-hour.  A little walk, splash, play with the sand, and back to the house.  Sorry if what I wrote didn't match the picture in my head.

But, yes, it was wicked funny to re-read it.  You'd end up with a raisin baby at the end of the day with that advice! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

baby jerky! mmmm....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

The most tender of the forbidden jerkys.... :-)