Using Pack-n-Play as Bassinet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

My sister used her Pack n Play bassinet for her son for the first 3 months, and it worked quite well.� He slept very comfortably in it.� They never had any problems.� We don't have very much room right next to our bed, and the pack n play was just a bit too big to fit, so we got a mini co-sleeper instead, which is basically the same as the�Pack n�Play (folds up for travel), but�smaller and you can roll down one of the sides an attach it to your bed for ease of access.� We will use the Pack n Play bassinet downstairs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from julper. Show julper's posts

I haven't done it yet but this is what we plan to do. It just doesn't seem to make sense to have to buy a pack 'n' play AND a bassinet since the PnP already has one. Plus I think the PnP is much more versitile than a plain bassinet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

I actually used both a bassinet and the pack -n-play.� We used the bassinet in our bedroom and the pack-n-play was set up downstairs in the living room.� For me this worked out well since I had a c-section and couldn't go up and down the stairs.� My son did great sleeping in the pack-n-play and not so great in the bassinet.� So I would just go with the pack-n-play if that works for you.Good luck!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

We used our pack-n-play bassinet down stairs. The changing table thing was also a god send! It was great not to have to go up and down the stairs all the time for changing. We have a small crib in the family that we used in the bedroom. I guess if my house was all on one floor I could have used the pack-n-play for night sleeping as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingleterra. Show ingleterra's posts

For both my sons I had a bassinet in the bedroom and a Pack-n-Play in the sitting room, and that worked well. Both boys were able to use the Pack-n-Play bassinet a bit longer than the regular bassinet, because the regular bassinet was smaller. If I hadn't had a bassinet given to me, I don't think I would have bothered having both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beckjag. Show beckjag's posts

We did this.� It worked fine for the first few months.� I think the weight limit is 14 lbs for the bassinet.� We had an adjustment period when we moved her to the crib, b/c the crib mattress is more padded than the bassinet, but now she's OK with it.The pack & play part is now at my SIL's house b/c she watches the baby a couple times a week.I recommend this option rather than a regular bassinet, it's more versatile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from axs54. Show axs54's posts

I was wondering if anyone used Graco Pack-n-Play with built-in bassinet as a bassinet (to keep by your bed) in the first 2-3 months before moving the baby into the crib. Any positives/negatives? Just trying to figure out whether I should go out and buy a regular bassinet or if it will be ok with Pack-n-Play one. Thanks!