What do you think of Hilary Rosen's comment about Ann Romney?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inf. Show Inf's posts

Re: What do you think of Hilary Rosen's comment about Ann Romney?

No one is begrudging Ann Romney anything; in fact, I think many moms would swap bank accounts with her in an instant, it would make many of the life/work choices much much easier.

The POINT was that Ann Romney is not in a position to know or properly grasp the situation of most women/mothers; any more than most SAHMs are it a situation to know the correct humidity needed to maintain the freshness of a Cohiba or whether $4m is a rip off or a great buy on a Cezanne. 

Ann is very lucky, and I think she knows it and is trying to balance how to address questions that the media and reporters put to her.  If she answers, she is wrong, if she doesn't answer or is vague, she's wrong.  I wouldn't want to be the spouse of a politican.  No matter what you do or say, you're wrong in someone's opinion. 

Finally, why the need to write "Hussein Obama"? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caramel. Show Caramel's posts

The fact that Ann Romney had a *choice* to stay home with her children is really the issue. Most working parents have no other choice but to work to out dinner on the table.

The Romneys have every financial advantage available and most Americans do not. Let's be honest about that

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DubOne. Show DubOne's posts

However the comments were intended, let's not forget the hard facts here.  If Mitt Romney became president it would hurt single mothers, working mothers, and lower to middle class families in general.  These aren't words, but indisputable truths.  The only mothers that would be helped by his presidency would be those of privilege like his own wife.  I think it's fair to say that she has a lot less to worry about than the vast majority of women out there raising children.  And Mitt would only increase this disparity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Allice. Show Allice's posts

I think Hilary Rosen made a fool of herself by attacking Ann Romney.  Ann has been traveling around with Mitt and said she is talking to women in all the states as her husband campaigns.  These women tell Ann their concerns and she relays them to Mitt.  So she does know what concerns women, probably more than Hilary Rosen does.  Hilary was trying to make Ann feel small so she shuts up.   Who cares what Hilary Rosen thinks. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmo. Show mmo's posts

I see that Hussein Obama's class warfare gambit is proceeding along quite nicely...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lem144. Show lem144's posts

Why doesn't the left attack second tier pundits like the right does? Ms. Rosen is unknown. Who cares what she says.

The right is making a big, distracting fuss out of nothing. Mrs. Moneybags doesn't know what it's like to struggle economically. Neither does her husband.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

So many of you talk all about Ann Romney not being able to identify with most women because she had the luxurious "choice" to stay home with her children and not worry about finances, as if Mrs. Obama (or any other first lady) was scrubbing toilets and waiting tables, while at the same tiime trying to figure out if she should pay her electric bill or replace the worn out shoes her kids were wearing to school.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

Relax there, Big Boy.  I didn't say they were exactly alike, nor that Michelle Obama has never had a job; I'm not very familiar with either of their backgrounds. My comment was in response to all of the people who are stuck on their belief that she couldn't possibly care about or be able help anyone with financial problems because she's never had them herself.  My point being that most other First Ladies have never been financially struggling moms trying to hold it all together, so I don't know why Ann is the only one who is viewed as so unacceptable, which certainly relates to the "topic at hand".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

By the way Ann Romney has her Bachelor's Degree.  They were both undergraduates at Brigham Young when they got married and had their first child.  When Mitt graduated they moved to Boston so he could attend Harvard.  Ann finished up her undergraduate course taking Harvard University Extension School classes.  She graduated in 1975 with three small children at home.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

They were married.  I don't see a problem. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sure it happens to regular folks all the time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

My goodness, you'd think he said he's going to appoint her his Secretary of the Economy.  He said that he listens to his wife when she tells him things.  Would it be better had he said "Ann is just a SAHM, she doesn't really know that much about people so I don't really give her much of my attention."  If he said he DOESN'T listen to her... we'd be having the same debate how horrible they both are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Great post IPW.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

In Response to Re: What do you think of Hilary Rosen's comment about Ann Romney?:
    However the comments were intended, let's not forget the hard facts here.  If Mitt Romney became president it would hurt single mothers, working mothers, and lower to middle class families in general.  These aren't words, but indisputable truths.  The only mothers that would be helped by his presidency would be those of privilege like his own wife.  I think it's fair to say that she has a lot less to worry about than the vast majority of women out there raising children.  And Mitt would only increase this disparity.
    Posted by DubOne

And if you think Obama is "one of us" boy, do I have a bridge I can sell you!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Emoto. Show Emoto's posts

I bet Ann Romney has always been proud of her country.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Romney's policies would help the economy as a whole (anyone for a balanced budget?) and, therefore, wouldn't hurt women/mothers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from grumpysh0egirl. Show grumpysh0egirl's posts

IPW: Of COURSE I'm not saying that you and Ann Romney didn't marry for love.  What kind of a leap of logic is that?  What I'm saying is that not every family can get by on one salary, and that it's pretty stupid for heterosexual women to base their choice of husband on whether or not his salary can support a family on its own.  Some women do, and that's fine for them.  But that shouldn't be what drives economic policy in this country.

Your original comment didn't criticize the phrase "almost all."  You complained about the word "most."  75% is most, any way you slice it. 

Sections
Shortcuts