What is your child dressing up as?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

What is your child dressing up as?

What is your child dressing up as this year?

My DD, 2, can't make up her mind. Every day she says something different. She has told me Spiderman, Sleeping Beauty, a Transformer and Dora. Anyone else have a child who can't decide?
    My DS, 4, knew with absolute certainty he wanted to be a Transformer. We found him one of those cute costumes with the built-in muscles.
    I love Halloween!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

Re: What is your child dressing up as?

I love Halloween too!  DS is 15 mos and I can't wait till next year when he can have some input on what to dress up as.  On the other hand I LOVE picking out his costumes on my own.  Last year he was a hotdog and it was awesome.  This year he is going to be a donkey.  We used the costume below as inspiration and my mom is sewing it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I must be out of the loop.  I thought my two year old twins were still too young for Halloween.  Wasn't planning on taking them out for trick or treat until next year.
    We are going to the local pumpkin fair at the near-by elementary school again this year.  Lots of fun things for kids and they sell pumpkins as a fundraiser.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smileyd. Show smileyd's posts

My four year old is going to be Cinderella and my 1 year old will be her Fairy Godmother.  My sister is a great seamstress and uses her old Bridesmaid's dresses to make the costumes.  Last yearthe girls were Arielle and Flounder.  The year prior, my only was Abby.  It's been a great way to reuse the dresses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

I found a great Princess Pirate costume at TJ Maxx. Not sure if it will be for Halloween or just DD's 3rd birthday (early November) since she has been talking way more about having a Pirate Princess birthday party (since early September), and hasn't even mentioned Halloween. 
    If we do something different for Halloween I might dress the whole family up as Super Why. DD loves that show, and would love to be Princess Pea. I could go as Red Riding Hood, DH could be Wyatt, and I'm pretty sure we have a stuffed animal that could be Pig.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

My DD is going to be a fairy princess.  She has her poofy, floor-length flower girl dress from the wedding we just went to.  She's already got one of those star wands and ribbon wreath crowns from a fair this summer.  I just have to buy some wings.  If I can't find wings she won't care. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

My kids are older (9,8,6 & 5) and I told them this year they had to dress in something that we have or can make. The two little girls are happy to put together something from the many princess/fairy/etc. dress-up stuff we have. Son is eyeing cardboard boxes to be a robot or Frankenstein. Not sure what oldest daughter will be yet. I'm sure it will all be thrown together the day before (or the hour before, as we did last year when I had to put together a scarecrow costume for son at 4 p.m. -- it's amazing what you can do with packing tape and hay!).  It will be interesting for sure!

I'm dying to do a group theme -- we did a pirate thing a few years back -- but I'm the only one who seems to think it would be fun! Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: What is your child dressing up as?:
    [QUOTE]My DD is going to be a fairy princess.  She has her poofy, floor-length flower girl dress from the wedding we just went to.  She's already got one of those star wands and ribbon wreath crowns from a fair this summer.  I just have to buy some wings.  If I can't find wings she won't care. 
    Posted by lissafro[/QUOTE]
    Claire's has wings for not much $

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dz76. Show dz76's posts

DD1 is going to be Little Bo Peep (minus the shepard's crook which just seems like a bad idea for a 3 y/o) and DS and DD2 are going to be sheep.  I'm milking the group themes while I can.  Last year DD was Pooh and the babies were bees.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I am so ridiculously cheap that I hate to buy something DD will only wear once.  I think I might get the Carter's ducky costume because she may be able to wear it again on Easter.  We're planning to take her to visit the grandparents and great grand parent on the Sunday before Halloween.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

[QUOTE]I am so ridiculously cheap that I hate to buy something DD will only wear once.  I think I might get the Carter's ducky costume because she may be able to wear it again on Easter.  We're planning to take her to visit the grandparents and great grand parent on the Sunday before Halloween.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

We trade around with our friends, or buy stuff that she'll want to wear later. Our neighborhood group trades costumes too.
    Our daughter is going as supergirl, which is good because she already has the costume.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

framerican- I agree- particularly given there is a chance they refuse to wear it!! I have gotten my costumes at the consignment sales- but I also got an advertisement from kid to kid in natick that they had them too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is your child dressing up as? : Claire's has wings for not much $
    Posted by lemonmelon[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

kid to kid in Natick had a TON of costumes, and nice ones at that.  I was also in a Savers the other day and they had a lot, but it wasn't all used... seemed like a lot were the standard cheap packaged costumes. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

Just saw in a flyer that our elementary school PTO is organizing a costume swap - what a great idea!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

My son's school did that too. I was so bummed because I was out of town and couldn't go. It is a great idea.
    I love the group theme idea Jen!

We could do a Boston.com Moms costume swap.
    Maybe do it at a playground so the kids can play after the swap. Pick an hour or two on a weekend morning to meet up.
    Any interest?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I ordered DD the Carter's duck costume this weekend.  Diapers.com is great!  I had it in my cart at the Carter's web site where it was on sale for $18.99 plus shipping ($6 I think).  Just happened to check my email and see something from diapers.com - ended up getting it for $14.39 and no shipping woo hoo!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCKristi. Show BDCKristi's posts

CoffeeQueen, I am loving that donkey costume! How great that it will be homemade. My daughter wore a homemade bunny costume for her first Halloween. It was made by a friend's MIL and it was soooo soft and beautiful.
    Still no costume for my daughter. I am trying to convince her to be a princess since we have plenty of princess stuff. I will just have to make sure she's warm enough underneath all that thin frilly stuff. We've been south for the past 5 years and Halloween has not been cold. I grew up in NY and am now remembering the challenge of staying warm on Halloween without covering up your costume.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I am in the too cheap to buy a costume boat, thankfully we have a pea in the pod costume from a cousin. The hat is so small that I had to sew a ribbon on to be able to tie it under his neck. In up coming years I think we'll give DS the choice of his cousin's costumes.. No trips to the over priced costume stores. He'll think he's getting a say in it when we give him a choice of two!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

We got a lion costume from a friend I work with.  It's nice having friends with kids who are older and have costumes to share!