What to bring to the hospital

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I agree with the other posters that you don't need half the stuff those lists say.� We used toiletries, the camera, a going home outfit for me and baby, clothes for DH, I did read a book.� DH brought snacks and didn't touch them.� The hospital fed him.� Oh, we also needed a phone card.� No cell phones at that time in the hospital (-->-->Mount--> -->Auburn-->-->) but�this was 3 years ago.��We also had a list of people to call.-->-->As for bringing electronics don't be surprised if�you can't use them until a member of the maintenance staff inspects them.� My dad was an electrician at a hospital and this was one of his primary duties.� I know my brother and SIL couldn't use their radio until it was inspected.� It took a while.� This was -->St. Vincent-->'s in -->-->Worcester-->-->.-->-->�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from le2329. Show le2329's posts

Hi~ i agree travel lightly.� I brought� my favorite toiletries for the shower, 2 nightgowns, sports bra (I'm bottle feeding), cotton bathrobe, outfit to come home in, and slippers.� I needed nothing else.� I didn't even need the nightgowns, you can wear what the hospital gives you.� I had the babies bag put together, but I left it in the car.� He did not come home with us, so I brought it in when he came home. Also, bring chapstick (my lips got very dry during delivery), your camera and batteries to take lots of pics of your little bundle.� I can't believe the amount of pics we've already taken and he's 11 days old!!! :)� Ps.� there were people who brought in full piece luggage sets to the hosptial, I can't figure out what they brought, but that's a lot to lug in and out.� And when you leave you have the�baby, extra stuff from the nursery and carseat.� Enjoy your experience!!� I'll never forget mine, it was amazing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from happybythesea. Show happybythesea's posts

Things we brought and used: Insurance card & any pre-registration info, toothbrush & toothpaste, laptop, camera & extra film, snacks, my own pillow, blanket for hubby, chapstick, socks, batrobe, sleeping bra, clothes to go home in, deodorant, clothes for hubby, 1 outfit for baby and 1 blanket, and a thank you gift for the nurse.We brought a lot more but didn't end up using anything else.� There is no need at all to bring clothes for the baby except the 1 outfit, we had packed enough for a 10 day trip !� :o)� I also brought books and magazines but didn't end up reading them at all.Good luck!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from happybythesea. Show happybythesea's posts

Love the sleeping bra, maybe it's called a nursing sleeping bra? not sure but a must have, this is what mine looks like.The first few weeks this was all that I wore!� This is a medela one.� The nurse who helps you during the delivery is the one that I was referring too.� There were 2 nurses that were so nice and special to me that I wanted to get them each something.� I had brought in a gift bag with a candle holder and candles for one of them, she was there for the delivery.� When I first got there the nurse that helped me through the pain and was very supportive had been talking with my mom and we got her a special gift of some wine from a winery in Plymouth (where my parents live) that she loved and had mentioned.� We had 2 nurses during the labor and delivery because of the way the shifts fell, I think sometimes its only 1 nurse who is there to support you through it all.� After you have the baby there are plenty of other nurses and people who help out but we wanted a special thanks for the delivery nurses.�

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Honestly - I think the lightest you can travel the better.� You really don't need much.� You need an outfit to go home and an outfit for the baby.� (Leave extra space in your bag - the hospitals tend to give you extra diapers, etc.)� I brought my toothbrush too.� The only other thing that we brought was our ipod with a speaker so we could listen to during labor.� (Oh - chapstick and hand cream!)�� Other than that� I didn't use anything else that we brought and we were there for 5 days!!!

Good Luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dela12. Show dela12's posts

Ladies,��

I know there are a million sites out there with lists of what to bring to the hospital for the labor stay, but for is there anything any of you wish you brought or was a waste of time?�

Thank you

Sections
Shortcuts