Where to buy classic baby gift?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Where to buy classic baby gift?

Hi all - I'd like to buy a christening gift for a family friend's baby. I'm thinking along the lines of a silver baby spoon, rattle, silver or ceramic photo frame, piggy bank - something classic. I also don't want to break the bank, and would prefer not to spend much more than $40. Could anyone recommend a place to find something along these lines? Downtown Boston or Metro West are most convenient...I'm betting Charles Street in Beacon Hill must have some cute (but pricey) boutiques that would fit the bill, but I'm just not sure where to look.

Thanks so much!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Where to buy classic baby gift?

Things Remembered is in about every mall, and you can get the gift engraved, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks, kar! Do you know if they can do on-site (i.e. immediate) engraving, or is it something you have to wait a few days for? (true to form, I've waited 'til the last minute on this...)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

I've bought engraved solid silver spoons for christenings at Lux, Bond and Green and Shreve, Crump and Low.  Such a beautiful classic gift!  But they do run north of $100 and the engraving takes about 1.5 weeks.  They also have rattles and other baby gifts at these jewelers.  HTH!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tang, sorry, I locked myself out of bdc for awhile.  clc covered it, thankfully, though, since I never tried to get anything engraved there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Shreve's is my go-to for classic baby gifts.  My favorite are the candle holders they sell...not engraved, but something they'll use every year on a birthday cake!  I like the Make Way for Ducklings one, along with a copy of the book as my go-to gift. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Also, try Red Envelope...the turnaround is quick and they have some nice stuff. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Tang - I've had gifts engraved at Things Remembered within a few hours.  If they have the item in stock it doesn't usually take them long to get it done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Ross-Simons at the Atrium (or online) has great baby gifts and better prices than  Shreves or Tiffany.  Engraving takes longer - but you could call and see.
    Also there are engravers in the jewelers building who do great work - you could take it to them after the event if you can't get something engraved in time. I have used Matthew Smokler - Room 813 387 Washington Street (Downtown Crossing) 617-542-3961. He does great work and is very reasonable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MissWolff. Show MissWolff's posts

There is also a Ross Simons in the Pru now. It's not that big and I'm not sure of the baby gift selection but their quality is good and prices are a bit more reasonable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tangerine5. Show Tangerine5's posts

Thanks so much, everyone. To the mall I go!