You know what i'd really like for mother's day?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charolastra. Show charolastra's posts

You know what i'd really like for mother's day?

An entire weekend alone! Does this make me a bad person? Everyone elses's needs consume me 24/7, and i'm happy that I've got a sweet little family to do it for, but honestly- If I could just be sent away alone for an entire weekend...that would be a dream! No whining, no dogs, no husband watching hockey every waking minute- no speed trips to the grocery store before my toddler decides she's had enough 5 minutes after walking in. What I want is a hot bath w/ unlimited hot water, total silence, to wake up when I want to wake up. I'd love to read an entire copy of Vogue uninterrupted! What a luxury to pop in and out of shops w/o fidgeting w/ carseats, making sure i've got enough snacks and drinks to keep everyone occupied...anyone else feel the same way? Anyone else do weekends alone from time to time? If so, what do you do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Re: You know what i'd really like for mother's day?

Yes, yes, yes!!!  I would just like to go to the bathroom alone!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

if I get to p**p alone in my own home tomorrow I will be so happy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I would be lonely if I had the whole weekend alone away from home -- and if I stayed home I'd just spend the whole time cleaning -- but I've taken a couple of weekend away with my BFF and it's been great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Oh, I sort of got this Sunday and it was WONDERFUL!

I had alot of family obligatons Saturday and was out and about all day with DD. DH stayed home, did the laundry, cleaned the house and went grocery shopping, so their was nothing pressing that "had" to get done Sunday.

I got to sleep in as long as I wanted (slept until 9:30, oh heaven!), took a bath, my husband made me a wonderful breakfast, my mom and dad and mother in law joined us. In the afternoon I napped with DD (2 additional hours of pure deep sleep bliss), then took a walk with DD and DH, had a simple dinner, packed bags for Monday and was back in bed with a good book at 8:30.

It's been a very long time that I have felt CONSTANTLY on the go. To just have time to stop, to rest, to read (which is totally what I need to do relax).

I actually feel like a human being today! It's a refreshing change of pace! Hope you all had a great mother's day!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Oh my goodness yes!  I feel this way all the time.  I am going to go away with a friend in July for the first time.  I can't wait.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My BFF from high school lives in NC and had a total nervous breakdown, and after about 6 months of recovery (5 months out of the hospital), she visited me in Boston for a week to get away leaving her 9 year old and husband at home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

maybe not a whole weekend, but maybe a day... :)

I am going to Texas for work in June and I am quit excited about getting a full night's sleep and only looking after myself in the morning!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I had my first night away from DD (6 months) last week because I had to travel to NH for work.  I thought it would be great to have a night of uninterrupted sleep, but honestly I was lonely all evening long, and even though I slept, I was just as tired the next day as I normally am!  Not sure what was up with that.  I do think it would be different, however, to go away with friends, or do an overnight with DH.  Haven't done that yet.

Sections
Shortcuts