Your boss- flexible or inflexible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesal. Show lesal's posts

hey veggirl - I just wanted to say that it's great to hear from you again.� I'm sorry that the work situation is so stressful.� I know you aren't alone though, my friends are in similar situations too.� Keep fighting, but also keep your sanity.� I hope things work out better now that you've cut back hours, and I hope you can go back to full time if/when you are ready.� How's the baby doing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

There are a lot of new mom's where I work and my boss has 3 kids - so I don't have the same complaints as some of the other posts.� I will say that I feel a lot of my work guilt (and motherhood guilt) is self imposed.� Someone may say something joking (not that it is funny) or say something in a certain way and not mean anything by it - but I internalize it and feel guilty.� I have definitely felt the guilt factor big time.� I think it is more because I love working - and honestly I couldn't stay home with my son.� I think I would go nutso.� I give so much credit to stay at home moms....I think it is a harder job staying home then going to work every day!!�

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from veggirl. Show veggirl's posts

I find the same problems at my work.�� I have been back to work for 6 months as well.�� I constantly feel like everyone thinks they are doing me "favors" by "putting up" with me.�� I work my scheduled time, I DO take 2 pump breaks every day for 10 minutes to express breastmilk, and I don't work through lunch like everyone else *gasp* to go breastfeed my daughter at daycare.�� That's unpaid time, its my time, I can use it as I please.I agree, every little mistake, its like they are patting you on the back and looking down on you.��� I'd like to see THEM go for 9 months without sleeping more than 4 consecutive hours at a time and see how well they do.�� Definitely not as well as I am doing!�� And overtime - same issue.�� everyone else is working overtime, I cannot, because of daycare, and they seem so annoyed, and while wearing an "understanding facade", they say "it is what it is".�� Dang right it is what it is - I'm a mother to a small infant, and I've paid my dues for 8 years at that company, with plenty of OT and late nights - I can't do it right now, and I shouldn't be looked down upon.�� If only�mothers had more support, I think it would help this country with a lot of the social issues we have.I just started working 4 days a week, taking a 20% paycut, because I find things a little unbearable at work.�� This also makes a drastic statement - I'm taking a paycut because my time is limited, so it seems to be making my boss/co-workers back off a bit.�� Maybe because at least now they can relish in knowing they are making more money than I am?� Who knows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

hi veggirl!glad to know that nursing worked out so wonderfully for you. i am just stopped pumping at work (DD is 14 months) and have been able to keep my hours at 9-4 (which i hope to continue) but the other day my boss said "it'll be so nice when can work till 6 again." i said nice for WHOM??? my daughter goes to bed at 7pm, if i work till 6 i'll never get to see her! plus we still nurse�before bed, and that will likely be ending soon as my supply is not what it was...so although my office is generally very supportive, my working shorter hours is starting to be taken note of...�if it's mentioned again i am going to try and see if i can work 8-4 instead of leaving later because i would hate having less time with my girl! luckily my husband is a stay at home dad so she does have him all day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from veggirl. Show veggirl's posts

Hi girls :-)� Yeah, sorry I've been so MIA ;-)��� I spend every possible moment I can with the sprout, the internet doesn't see so much of me anymore ;-)�� I know exactly what you ladies are saying - don't they realize that I leave work at 5, pick up bubs at daycare, get home at quarter to 6, and she's ready for bed by 7??�� I get to see my baby so little after work, if I stayed an hour overtime, she wouldn't get dinner, and I'd put her to bed the second we walked in the door!Breastfeeding has been awesome.� The best experience of my life.� Its so peaceful and she's sooo healthy.�� Its something I'm really proud of.� Oops, gotta go, sounds like she's waking for a snack ;-)