2 Year Molars...Help!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savvyshopper926. Show savvyshopper926's posts

2 Year Molars...Help!

Hi Everyone,
       My DD is 21 months old and getting her 2 yr molars in.  She is MISERABLE.  I have been doing the tylenol/motrin thing and lots of popicicles and frozen blueberries and cold fruits like watermelon.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  She is not sleeping at nap time and her sleep at night is not good.  At about 2AM she starts whimpering and is very restless, when she wakes up at 6AM she is EXHAUSTED.  I had to pick her up from daycare early on Monday because she was so cranky and miserable.  I've tried the Hylands teething tabs and they don't work for her.  Does anyone else have suggestions?  Does anyone know how long they take to come in, this has been a week in HELL.  Thanks everyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Re: 2 Year Molars...Help!

have you tried oragel? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Savvy - have you had her ears checked? It seems unusual that she would be that miserable from her teeth alone.  Just a thought!  g/l

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I have no suggestions.  the 2 yr molars are a b*tch.  There's no getting around it.  I think they took even longer than the 1 yrs for my DD.  At least it's freeze pop season.  Have you tried ibuprofin instead of tylenol?  I think it stays longer in the system than tylenol.  That might get you past 2AM.  Try not to get into the habit of going in at the first whimper.  At this age, they tend to get manipulative pretty quickly, smart little creatures that they are.  You don't want her learning to fake it because it's fun haha.  Plus, I've found my DD can sometimes whimper or cry in her sleep when she's uncomfortable but if I go in there I'm just disturbing her because she's actually just making noise in her sleep. 
    Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

oh, you said you were doing motrin.  Sorry at first I just read tylenol and I thought you hadn't tried motrin yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savvyshopper926. Show savvyshopper926's posts

Thanks for the support everyone!  She had tubes put in her ears when she was about 14 months and we recently had a check up for them and her ears look okay...so that is why I think it is her teeth.  She will even tell me "Teef hwrt (teeth hurt)".  We also did try orajel but she would just lick it off my finger and it wouldn't even get to the teeth.  We also bought the oragel in the cotton swabs but she sees them and won't let me near her mouth.  She does seem to be better this week but we have been doing LOTS of popiciles and frozen blueberries.  Hopefully they will be in soon.  Thanks everyone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What about hiding the oragel on frozen teething rings if she will chew on those?