3-4 month old sleep patterns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rama8677. Show rama8677's posts

3-4 month old sleep patterns

DD2 is 16 weeks old and is on the petite side, about 11.5 lbs. I have a question about nighttime sleep. She is sleeping from about 7:30 p.m to about 1:30 a.m, waking to nurse (and eats a substantial amount, both sides), and then goes back down until about 4:30, when she wakes crying and nurses, goes back down until about 6 or 6:30.  Parents of littler babies, remind me, is this typica of this agel?  I am assuming she will drop that 1:00 a.m feed at some point (or push it back until it combines with the 4:30 feed) but I can't remember anything about when my DD1 did this. Any thoughts?  As of now, she still seems legitimately hungry at both feeds and I want to check her weight gain etc. with our pedi at her four month visit before I employ any kind of sleep training or encouraging her to go back to sleep on her own.  I'm not asking for advice on how to sleep train, just wondering whether this is a typical sleep pattern for this age, and when and if your babies dropped down to one feed/night on their own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

Re: 3-4 month old sleep patterns

Six hour stretch is good... We never got that long that early with DS - we got to like four hours before i went back to work at three months and he reversed cycle majorly. DD is now 11 weeks and much bigger (15.5 pounds last week) - and she is still sleeping just one 5-6 hour stretch at night (usually like 9pm to 3am) then a shorter stretch of few hours. I am not expecting her to sleep longer at a stretch even though she is big. I heard that they usually start to stretch their sleep when they hit 13-14 pounds but I have no idea if that is true. I know each child is different. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pugslove. Show pugslove's posts

DS, who is 19 weeks, sleeps through the night and has been since 11 weeks.  At first he slept 9pm-6am ish and now 7pm- 6 am.  But since your DD is petite maybe she needs those extra feedings and calories. She is sleeping 6 hours straight and that is good news! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

That sounds pretty typical to me.  Whether or not you remember this stage for DD1 might not help you anyway.  Both my daughters progressed very differently with their sleep stages so it wasn't like having done it before actually gave me any more of an idea of what was going to happen anyway haha. 

My guess is she'll keep extending that stretch, pushing that 1:30AM feeding until it's later and later.

Sections
Shortcuts