Ah behavorial issues...and comic relief

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Ah behavorial issues...and comic relief

So DD who will be 3 in July is in total mood swing mode right now.  The other day we were driving home from daycare (which is 3 minutes away) when she started crying about wanting water.  (Think whining waaatttteeerrr!  over and over again).  I told her that I didn't have water in the care and we would get it at home.  Whining continues.  We get home, get inside and she still is whining for water so I go to get her some and she immediately perks up and says, "no mommy, actually I want chocolate milk".  End of whine.

#2.  Yesterday she came home from daycare and decided that she wanted alpha bits.  She proceeds to eat some that I give her and then I hear "stomp stomp stomp".  Yes, she stomped on them on the floor.  I tell her that it's not nice to do that and that we can't throw food on the floor and stomp on it.  Crying ensues.  Then I ask her if she would please clean up the mess on the floor and I'm met with "oh yes mommy, I love to use the dustpan!!!".  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

Re: Ah behavorial issues...and comic relief

Toddlers are so illogical they're logical :)

The car whining is the worst b/c there's nothing you can do, and no explanation of "when we get home" or "when we stop" satisfies them.

My DS and DD will often ask for something like a book or toy and when I give it to them, I get the full-body, shaking head, waving hands, stomping feet, "no, no, no, no."  So I take back whatever I thought they wanted.  And that results in round two of the full body "no."  And then I try to give it to them again, with the same result.  Finally, (per Happiest Toddler on the Block), I say "No, no, no.  You don't want the book/toy."  They stop, look at me, reach for whatever it was I was trying to give them, say something like "want book/toy," I give it to them, and that's it.  I have no idea what was going through their heads during the last minute or two when they were mad about me trying to give it to them, but they're happy "now" so I just shrug and go with it.  It'd be a lot easier without all the non-sense in the middle, though :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

I love reverse psychology with little kids...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

My two year old suddenly developed the talent/behavior of crossing his arms over his chest - finally figured out he was modeling his dad.  Then he added crossing his arms for a few seconds and then shaking hands (like two adults would), two shakes only.  We have no idea where this latest manerism has come from but it's totally priceless.

DS also insists on stuffing entire pieces of food in his mouth.  We've tried to make the pieces smaller but then he just stuffs two in.  Two years = two pieces.  Charming. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Ahh, the crossing of the arms.  That just started for my 2 year old the past week or so.  It goes along with a pissed off face, or a whimper.  I interperated it this morning for the baby sitter and she said, yup, got it right from my daughter.   She picks up a lot from the kids at daycare but usually loses it the techniques in a few weeks or so.