April Infants & Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Re: April Infants & Toddlers

Kar - I delivered so I'm no expert. But my best friend and my SIL had c-sections for each of their kids (that makes 5 between them!).
    You take the meds - take it slowly and follow doctors orders. You do get the 4 or 5 days in the hospital to jump start the process.
    But if you're nursing, you have to get up and nurse. Your friend is going to want to spend her days at the NICU - holding her babies and pumping. At least she'll get to go home and sleep at night which will be really helpful.
    And since ALL triplets are born via c-section I'm sure the nurses will have lots of tips for her.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dz76. Show dz76's posts

Do all triplets go to the NICU?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

DZ - I don't think all triplets go to the NICU, but all triplets are born via c-section. I suppose it depends on how early they are and how much they weigh at birth.
    I know twins at 37 weeks who were in the NICU for a week or ten days. Mine were 37 weeks and came home with me 48 hours after delivery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Misslily, thanks so much for all your help.  I really appreciate it.  I love her like a sister.

dz, I have a friend who was a neonatal nurse, and she said that it's nearly a given that triplets will spend at least a little while in the NICU because to reduce risk to mom and babies they typically schedule the c-section quite early.  My friend's C-section is scheduled for 6 weeks before her LMP-calculated due date.  They can't usually go as far as twins because the sheer weight of the uterus on the pelvis tends to trigger pre-term labor.

Sections
Shortcuts