April Updates - Infant and Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: April Updates - Infant and Toddlers

Love the updates!  So funny how the babies who put EVERYTHING in their mouths don’t do that with actual food! and love to read about all of the growling, clapping, standing… so cute.

KT – Post-baby I am now a 38DDD (or E) and I agree with Jan2010, it helped me to go up a band size (I used to be 36).

Fram – sorry about your ER situation!  I hope DD is feeling better.

IPW - so great to hear about the STTN success!  About the photos, I would TOTALLY have been bummed out if my mom or MIL took DD to get professional photos without telling me.  But that doesn't mean you can't do them too!  We did some with Lindsey Light (www.lindseylightphoto.com/index2.php#/home/) that we absolutely loved.  I say you should still do them and get some with you and DH in there too!  We cherish ours and will probably do them again at some point, maybe when she's 1.  As an aside, DH and I have asked our moms to not take Zoe anywhere without first telling us where they're going.  Does that seem controlling?  Maybe you and DH could do the same with MIL so as to avoid this kind of thing in the future.  My MIL recently was talking to Zoe and saying how she couldn't wait to take her to the pool in teh summer and I just about had a panic attack at the thought of my baby near a pool without me or DH around.  So DH is going to tell her no pools.

Ok just read your update – I’m annoyed for you about the photos.  But glad about the pudding/whipped cream.

AFM, Luck, you’re right – she’s shown us what she can do.  We’ve had 3 good nights in a row, now!  She still goes through a bit of screaming/crying each night at various times, but now we wait it out instead of rushing in, and 2 out of the 3 nights she hasn’t needed any feedings!!  She has managed to put herself back to sleep after <10 min of crying.  It’s still hard to lie or sit there an listen to her, even for a few minutes, but I’m so proud of her when she can go back to sleep.  It’s like a miracle.  I’m a totally different human being.  Unfortunately, I don’t recall much of the past 3 weeks…

ETA: Yikes, sorry for the long post.  Don't know why there are double spaces everywhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

IPW-The whole situation is unfortunate!  I don't believe they even ordered photos without consulting you!  I would be upset.  It's hard because they are coming from a good place but its just insensitive. 

Poppy-Glad to hear that she is sleeping better. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

I agree that it is hard to have family watch your child/children.  Last summer my mom watched DD once a week and I made a list of things that I wanted to do with her first - She was very understanding of that and understood.

For the bras I have already gone up from a a 34 to 36, the 38 just rides up my back so I think it is cup size that is the issue.  Maybe I will just order some online and give that a shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from luckinlife. Show luckinlife's posts

Poppy - I am so glad to hear.  It is amazing that they look even cuter in the morning after they slept all night! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Love the updates!
    Poppy - congratulations on the improved sleeping!  That sounds great.
    IPW - totally understandable to feel that way.  A few months ago when I came home from work, my mom told me that the baby had had hiccups so she gave her water for the first time, and she was laughing and drinking the water so excited for the new thing.  I burst into tears!  Do that next time... your MIL will feel terrible.  ;)

We are doing well here at 8 months.  One thing I like in particular about this thread is seeing the variety in what is "normal".  DD is not crawling yet and was late in learning to sit up, but she is happy and does her own thing!  She LOVES the sippy cup of water.  She cannot get enough of it.  She doesn't drink a huge volume (and she's a terrible backwasher, which is gross), but she loves to lift it up and down and take sips.
    I feel like this week has been a "talking" explosion.  All sorts of new sounds are happening and it's really exciting.  Before it was mostly happy shrieks and pterodactyl noises, combined with what sounded like someone talking with their mouth closed.  Now she's really starting to make a variety of sounds with her mouth open and it's pretty cool.
    I'm pretty sure that she grew taller and her hair got longer while I was at work today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

hey all,

Had DS 2 month appt yesterday. he was actually 9 weeks yesterday!  He is growing fast!  he is now 13lbs 14oz and 24 1/2 inches.  They said it's the 72% for weight and 93% for height!  He also had to get 3 shots and do the drink thing.. he liked the drink thing and the shots.. not so much.. first one had a complete look of horror on his face.. 2nd one, turned into a really loud wail which got louder with the 3rd..  they did them really fast and I cried too!!  Just so hard to watch!!  He seems ok today though but i wonder if his legs hurt..  :-( 

He has slept the last two nights on the exact same schedule..  feed at around 8.. goes down by 9/9:30.. wakes at 3... eats.. then wakes at 7/7:30..  I don't mind this if it continues!  well until he decides to sleep through the night!  fingers crossed...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

I am happy to report that I am at work for the 5th day in a row this week!  Knock on wood, but no sick kids this week, and - get this - everyone in my house slept from their bed time until 6 or later today, including me and DH!  No nightmares, no feeding, no work worries keeping us awake... HOORAY!

And as for bras... well, I went out and bought myself a few new A cups last night... sad to report that's where I've landed post 2 kids :(  But, it's awesome to have something that fits right!

Happy Friday all!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

canuk, did you shrink?  or were you an A before and just going back to normal?  I would love to shrink!!  can that really happen?  here's hoping! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

IPW, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL taking DS to have his photos done.  I'd be so upset.  Unfortunately I think I'm going to be dealing with a lot of similar situations with my MIL -- DD is only 5 weeks and it's already started.  This weekend she asked DH to bring DD to her condo because the clubhouse is having the Easter Bunny there.  It bothered me because this is DD's first Easter and I had hoped that taking her to see the Easter Bunny would be something that DD, DH and I would do together as a family, not something DD and DH would do with HER.  I don't think DH is taking her over, but if he changes his mind I'll have to let him know how I feel about it.  There are just some things that I want to be special things that the three of us do together, you know?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

Jan... yes, shrunk a little, I was closer to a B before depending a little on my weight and fitness level, but solidly an A now :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

speaking of Easter bunnies (and Pugs, I hope your situation works out), does anyone know any Easter bunny hours, say, at the Burlington Mall or anywhere else near somerville?  I looked on their website and it's not helpful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Oh - question for you all: my 5.5 month old has recently started doing this weird closed-mouth cry thing.  it's like her lips are glued together, yet she's crying or "talking".  Could this be related to teething?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Poppy, our LO does not cry with her mouth closed, per se, but she "talks" with her mouth closed ALL the time.  It literally sounds like a person trying to talk with their lips glued together.  Weird!  But apparently not that unusual.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

do most people go see the easter bunny at a mall?  are there other places too?  I'd be interested in the burlington mall hours too... i imagine weekends are crazy so maybe they do weekdays? 

Poppy, i have a great dentist in Bedford - dr. kennedy.. young, easy to get into, clean, a great staff!  I just really like them.  might be too far for you, not sure. GL!

canuk - I can only hope.. i'd love to go down to a C.. or a B!  :-)  I'm in the slow weaning process now but they are still huge.. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Ugh, I am having a moment....DH just called me during a rough day at work to tell me DD started crawling. He was so excited and when I let him know how bummed I was he said "well, lots of dads feel that same way." That did not help. I'm not her dad, I'm her Mama and I carried her in my belly and feed her with my milk and I was at this stupid job when she started clapping yesterday and crawling today!

Had to go to the ladies room and cry. I miss her so much every second I am away from her. It makes me sick.

I have lots of comments to respond to her, I'm just having a moment and I knew you'd understand completely.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

ml - so sorry you are having a bad day...I hope it gets better and that you have a nice weekend with lots of crawling!

My b**bs never changed at all throughout pregnancy or after so I'm just waiting to see what happens when I stop nursing but then I might be pg again so who knows.

I was thinking about the Easter Bunny.  I never went to see the Easter bunny when I was kid he just existed and hid eggs in our hosue.  Is it typical to go to see the Easter Bunny?  Is it like going to see Santa Claus? (I know kind of pathetic I don't know)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Oh, ML.  :(  I must be hormonal because your post made me teary on your behalf.  I would totally feel the same way and got mad at my MIL one day when I came home and she was like, "She's been having a great time rolling from back to belly all day." and I was like "What?!?!  She's never done that before!!" DH was even in the other room all day and she didn't call him to come see, and didn't go for the video camera (which I've asked she and my mom to do on occasion) or anything.  I didn't yell at her or anything like that, but I was definitely miffed.  She apologized the next day.  I'm sure you'll see TONS of new things, but the ones that happen when you're not there are hard to bear.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I'm not religious at ALL so probably sound like a hypocrite saying I want to visit the Easter Bunny, but I just think it would be cute.  Is that pathetic?  I LOVED easter as a kid because it usually came when winter was FINALLY going away and the magic of spring had me all giddy, not to mention my family made a huge deal of hiding easter eggs... it was just a fun day all around.  Zoe was too little for Santa, so I thought a visit to a bunny might be fun!  Although she might not think so!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

ml, my heart breaks for you!  DD is only 5 weeks and isn't doing much right now so although it's hard to be away from her, I can handle it.  It's going to be a lot harder when she's hitting milestones like crawling.  But if anything, just remember that you will still have the first time that you see her do these things, and it will still be special for you.

My mom took me to see the Easter Bunny every year when I was a kid; she has all the pictures and they're fun to look back on now.  It's just something fun that I can do now that I'm finally a mom.  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Oh, ML.  Ouch.  I would be very sad.  I often worry about DD hitting a "first" when I'm not around.  I've instructed everyone to lie to me about it, so I can think I was around for every milestone achievement. 

I am JUST reading this thread now, so I'm missing a ton, but I heartily second the Lindsey Light recommendation, IPW!  I think that will a) make you feel better b/c it's a family photo shoot and b) blow those silly BRU photos out of the water b/c she is THAT GOOD.  If my SIL opened the door to me with an e-mail about stepping on toes, I would totally walk through it with the oldie but goodie, I'm not mad, but I'm a little hurt; I wanted to be there for the first photo shoot.  But that's me, I like to punish people.  :) 

DD is awesome.  She has tons of hair, is rolling all around, trying to crawl & sit-up.  "Talks" all the time.  She LOVES cereal -- we're slowly starting solids and so far avocado is a big hit, she loves yo-baby, and is so-so on sweet potatoes.  Pears gave her a rash (although I added some vanilla bean which was, in hindsight, stupid) so we're going to try apples this weekend.  I have some food allergies myself so I'm super-nervous about it. 

She's just a lot of fun.  She's good at entertaining herself now so it's just so much easier than it was even a month ago.  I can pop her in the exer-saucer thing (or, as we call it, Baby Vegas) and she just yells at the little animals and chews on their faces.  She rocks. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

ML- I'm so sorry. that sucks. and I feel the same way (about crying in the bathroom). I keep telling myself that i got a lot of feedings and snuggles that dad didn't get. but it doesn't always help.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Sorry in advance - off topic:

IPW - I *just* saw your message on my profile from 3/1.  Sorry!  I just responded.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

ml--Sorry you weren't around to see it!  It took me a while to get used to the fact that I can't be there 24/7 to see it and even if you were at home, there's no telling that your baby would have done it when you were actually there.  You could have been outside, in the bathroom, at the gym etc.  I know that it's hard and it does stink, but she'll do it again and it will have to be the special first time that you actually see it.  

My DD started walking at daycare.  She took her first official steps there to one of her teachers.  That was a tough moment for me, but then when I saw it myself and how proud she was to walk over to me, it didn't matter that I missed the first "official" time, because it was still special when I actually saw it.  

So DS is officially 6 months today!  Crazy how time flies!  He's sitting up like a champ, really grabbing at things, chatting up a storm and loving life.  He's not a roller yet, but he's pretty big.  He has a lot of the motions down, so I expect him to do it at daycare sometime in the next month.  I might get lucky and be there for it, but maybe not.  

DD is awesome as usual.  She was so cute in her pink red sox hat and shirt yesterday!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Question for anyone who's weaned?  As you may remember, my daughter started boycotting breastfeeding at 2 months, and since then (she's now almost 24 weeks) I've been pumping 5-6 times a day and basically been feeding her 50% b-milk, 50% formula.  Well, the supply seems to be dwindling and, truth be told, all of this pumping is getting old, so I've started weaning down.  I'm now down to pumping 3x a day, and she's getting 2/5 bottles in b-milk. 

Now to the question: when you were weaning did you find yourself ridiculously hormonal?  In the past couple of days I've felt like crying at the drop of a hat, and have also found myself being really moody and irritable with my husband.  I also have not had AF since the baby, so I'm thinking that the two combined are accounting for this? 

Other than the irrational crying, we're doing well!  DD is now rolling, trying desperately to sit up by herself, and has a new devotion to her feet.  She also is really gnawing on Sophie now...no signs of teeth yet, but she's getting ready!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Sorry Luv, no advice on weaning here.  My first weaned at 20 months when I was pregnant with #2, so my hormones were out of wack to begin with!  

I forgot to say too that DS has already cut his 2 bottom teeth.  Crazy kids!  My kids apparently cut them fairly early!

Sections
Shortcuts