At what age did you start putting DD or DS down for naps awake?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from roneil68. Show roneil68's posts

At what age did you start putting DD or DS down for naps awake?

DD is almost 13 weeks old and is still nursed to sleep for naps and nighttime.  I am going back to work Oct. 1st for 2 days per week am concerned about the poor babysitter trying to get her down for a nap.  DH will start giving her a bottle once a day starting this Friday (she hasn't had one yet) so it's possible she will fall asleep on the bottle for the sitter I guess.  I remember putting my 2 older ones down for naps while they were awake but don't remember when I started and they were "easier" babies anyway!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Re: At what age did you start putting DD or DS down for naps awake?

DD used to fall asleep during her bottles also but if she didnt I made it a point to put her down awake right from the get go.  A peice of advice I received before even having DD was to always put them down awake so I did.   This was one of the best peices of advice someone gave me.

DD since the beginning has been falling alseep on her own and still does 20 months later.

My opinion is that you should start working on that now before she gets into some sort of habit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Ron:

If you do find a way to stop nursing to put DD to sleep, would you please post it?  I still do almost every night (DD is 5 mo tis week).  But somehow, if I'm not around, she can go to sleep without nursing.  My guess is that I'm on the verge of spoiling her but I don't know how to stop!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from roneil68. Show roneil68's posts

In Response to Re: At what age did you start putting DD or DS down for naps awake?:
    [QUOTE]Ron: If you do find a way to stop nursing to put DD to sleep, would you please post it?  I still do almost every night (DD is 5 mo tis week).  But somehow, if I'm not around, she can go to sleep without nursing.  My guess is that I'm on the verge of spoiling her but I don't know how to stop!!
    Posted by Trouble30[/QUOTE]

Will do!  I just this minute put her in her crib drowsy but awake.  We'll see how this works out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

In Response to Re: At what age did you start putting DD or DS down for naps awake?:
    [QUOTE]Ron: If you do find a way to stop nursing to put DD to sleep, would you please post it?

Trouble,
    nurse the baby, but stop as he falls asleep (vs letting him nurse while sleeping) so he wakes up a teeny bit - so that he's drowsy but not sound asleep. then put him in the crib, and if he needs a bit more soothing, you can rub his head, his belly (I'm assuming he sleeps on his back here),etc.  Obviously, if you are trying to dream nurse and keep him sound asleep in the middle of the night you wouldn't do this, but for all those other nursing times, you should be able to do this if you want to. You just need to put your attention to doing this.

the deal is, the older he gets, the harder it will be to create a new sleep association (right now it's breastfeeding = all is right with the world and I can fall asleep) - and you will want that as he gets older, when he really isn't hungry, but IS tired, and you can't put him to sleep unless he's hungry and willing to nurse.  Gets you into a bind, and I've seen this happen alot to nursing mothers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from roneil68. Show roneil68's posts

[QUOTE]Ron: If you do find a way to stop nursing to put DD to sleep, would you please post it?  I still do almost every night (DD is 5 mo tis week).  But somehow, if I'm not around, she can go to sleep without nursing.  My guess is that I'm on the verge of spoiling her but I don't know how to stop!!
    Posted by Trouble30[/QUOTE]

I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out.  I am now swaddling her tightly, nursing her until drowsy but not asleep, putting her down and rocking her cradle.  She will look at me and slowly her eyes droop shut.  This has worked for the last three days straight.

Sections
Shortcuts