August Infants and Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: August Infants and Toddlers

Uh oh Liv.  If I ever have a Thursday off, I might have to come find you!  :o)

So sorry about that experience Arcain! 

I saw some posts from ajuly earlier.  Where did they go??

Liz - Are we talking swaddling during daytime naps or swaddling all day?  Either way, I agree with CT that it seems OK if it comforts her, as long as it isn't to the point of hindering her from reaching, tummy time, etc.  We swaddled DD for naps until ~5 months. 
    (Ummm and now that I just posted that - where did CT's response go??  This is really weird.  A little while ago I posted using Firefox because IE wasn't working and there were several other posts on Firefox.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

And I posted my response about swaddling right after Liv's question re: swaddling.  And yet it doesn't show up until about 10 posts later?  Very crazy.  Also not happy that it doesn't mark the ones you haven't read, so I have to re-read posts (skimming) until I figure out where I was.  Oh, well, changes here are always frustrating, perhaps they'll bring edit and the ability to mark posts as read eventually.

Or not.

And remember, 7 weeks is a tiny baby!  You'll be amazed in 7 more weeks what she can do!  For now, swaddle away! :)  (and where did our face emoticons go? ch ch ch changes....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liv22. Show Liv22's posts

Of course I chose to park at the church yesterday. A year or 2 ago an older couple struck that big tree and didn't survive. A friend's Mom almost got struck yesterday by a man who drove off the road in East Bridgewater. She was on her morning walk and then the guy drove off the road and into a tree. So weird to hear 2 stories like that in the same week.

Fram, we go every Thursday (my "work" from home day). I usually go 1 weekend day too. It was packed yesterday. I wasn't sure if it was because we were there later in the AM or if all the older kids are in school so they brought the little ones to the park after drop off. I know a bunch of posters live in the area so I always wonder if we're standing there pushing our kids on the swing next to each other. Ha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Liv22. Show Liv22's posts

PS. The word "hit" is banned?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the changes either....oh well. Just like changes to Facebook, people don't like it but we continue to use it...lol...

DD is 10 weeks and I'm proud to report she slept in her crib in her own room last night. I even  resisted the urge to bring her into our room after her 3am feeding- proud of myself for that one :)

DH and I are having a dinner date tonight while his mom watches DD for the first time. A bit nervous about leaving LO with a different sitter (my parents have watched her so far), but MIL had 3 kids so I'm sure it'll be OK. Plus she's watching DD on Mondays once I go back to work,  so this and some more trial runs will give her good practice.

I can't wait for a watermelon ale and a big burger, WW points be damned :-P

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Great job, summer!  Mmm watermelon ale sounds good.  Never tried that one.

Let's see if I'm actually able to post this... Haven't been able to post since my post above yesterday...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Wow, ladies be careful out there!

Summer - good for you and DD.  I still won't let DS sleep in his own room and my DH is really pushing it right now. I think it's too much change for me too quickly. 

As for my first week back, it went pretty well. Only cried once and I made it a full day yesterday.  Now I'm watching the clock for an acceptable time to leave today.  Also, we are back to just breast milk.  My supply has increased enough that I've even been able to freeze a bottle or two the past two days.  I think maybe my supply was down due to the stress and anxiety of both going back to work and having to supplement with formula.  We'll see if it stays and I can continue with breast milk but otherwise I think I'm finally at peace with supplementing so if we need to we can.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Summer, where are you getting a watermelon ale?!  Sounds awesome...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to August Infants and Toddlers:

Summer, where are you getting a watermelon ale?!  Sounds awesome...

At Beer Works- several locations around.

http://www.beerworks.net/home/index.html

They serve it with a slice of watermelon in it...yum!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  Sounds like you're glad you went. :)

Sections
Shortcuts