August Infants and Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: August Infants and Toddlers

Poppy - my DS received a few gifts for his 1st bday that he loves: the push lawn mower, the smart trike and the cozy coupe car. All are great options and he has hours of fun with them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

What type of money is she looking to spend?  My MIL just got us a membership to the New England Aquarium and we've already gone 3 times.  Maybe since it's for your DS who just turned 1, a Children's Museum membership or a zoo membership? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

November - I assume you mean you turned 34 this summer :-)  I turned 36 a week before having DS1 and will be a month into my 39th year when DS2 comes along.  My OB laughed last time when I asked her if I was high risk.  She had a blank stare and said "Why would you be!?!?"  Same thing around this time.  Haven't noticed any difference - other than the genetic counseling during the NT scan (mine was done with a regular technician and OB both times).  My husband's age at birth was 39, and he will be 42 this round, so another geriatric :-).  Granted I'm not done with this pregnancy yet, so not sure about extra ultrasounds or stress tests (I had them with DS1 only because he was measuring huge and I had too much fluid).  I'm guessing I'll have another u/s just because I'm starting to measure large again, and DS was 9lbs, so OB thinks very likely tihs one will be bigger.  But that has nothing to do with age.

I wouldn't worry at all about being 35 or 36 or even later.  Do what is right for your family.  We didn't plan the 3 year spacing...tried and tried much earlier, hung up our shoes and viola.  But actually I'm so pleased that we'll have the extra time with DS1 and he may be a bit easier and helpful once we're back in infant stage again. 

Also, how much time it takes for one pregnancy doesn't seem to have much correlation on the second.  Some need 6 years and IVF for first, then get PG "accidentally" second time.  Some get PG easily first time, and then never again.  One lady on here (Cici) took a year with first, and just got PG before she even got her AF back.  So do when you are ready... not based on how long it may take (I'd give you different advice if you had just turned 44... but not 34!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thanks for the suggestions! I like the idea of museum membership. We've never been to the Children's Museum!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

It's great but it's definitely better when it's not too crowded (ie, not on days when everyone else goes).  I love memberships to things because if the kid falls apart you can just shrug and say "ok, guess we're going home" without feeling like you didn't get your money's worth. Also, if the kid wants to spend 5 hours in one room you're not tapping your foot feeling like you didn't get your money's worth. Plus, if the older one requires an ultimatum you can follow through and take her whiny face straight home on the count of 1 . . . 2 . . . 3!

Sections
Shortcuts