bad dreams and irrational fears

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: bad dreams and irrational fears

I didn't have much time last night to work on wall fears, but I did follow the advice of some parent friends and ran rolled-up blankets down either side of her bed to create a womb-like environment. I don't know if that was extra comforting or she just enjoyed that something new was going on, but she got right into bed without whimpering and slept pretty much through. She woke around 3 am and was grousing and saying, "no baby. I say no baby. I NO LIKE BABY" but I've been told she sits up in her sleep and kind of sways and mutters (we don't have a video monitor so I've not witnessed this personally) so I think it was something like that because it only lasted for a few minutes and then she went quiet again. So now I just need to add something new to her bed every night I guess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

well an (almost) full night sleep for you is progress!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Re: bad dreams and irrational fears:
    [QUOTE]For a (not serious) different perspective: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/02/scariest-story.html
    Posted by RedFishBlueFish[/QUOTE]

Ahhh... my very favorite website. :)

ETA: Lemon - glad you had some success!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

Lemon - I feel like you are talking about my DD.  DD was 2 in January, I think your DD is pretty close in age.  She often says a lot of weird things are scary.  I know for a fact she has woken up from bad dreams, but now I think a lot of what she says is scary is just a ploy to get out of bed.   A few times last week she woke up screaming and was saying the birdies were scary.  I am pretty sure that stemmed from a noise a bird was making the other day as we walked out of the house.  It was load, and just weird.  She speaks pretty well to so I get most of what she says but I dont think getting a good description out of her right now will happen.  I actually made a big mistake the other day while we were watching Toy Story 3.  I said to DH that the monkey was wicked scary, as soon as it came out of my mouth, I couldnt believe I just said it.    We have been through a rough patch of sleeping for about a month between the bad dreams and 2 yr molars coming in we.  This week she broke out in terrible hives and I have had to give her bendryl before bed.  This has pretty much kept her in bed through the night.   Lucky me for now I guess. 

So anyway, this happened for a few weeks everynight and now it is only once in a while so I think she will just grow out of it.  It a phase like everything.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

[QUOTE]For a (not serious) different perspective: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/02/scariest-story.html
    Posted by RedFishBlueFish[/QUOTE]

BTW, I secretly think Lemon is the author of this site.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bad dreams and irrational fears : BTW, I secretly think Lemon is the author of this site.
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]
    I wish!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Is this a bad time to admit that I'm still slightly afraid of the dark?  What it is is I use my cell phone as a night light when I put the baby back to bed... It looks way too much like the night vision in horror movies and freaks me the heck out!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

It's totally okay... I don't like the dark either.  We have a lot of streetlights so it's fine at home, but if we go places I sometimes have to leave a closet or bathroom light on if there is one.  And once my amazing husband downloaded an iTouch app that is a nightlight.  :)