Bottle Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Bottle Question

In looking for a good deal on Dr Brown bottles I saw that they now have wide neck Dr Browns that look more like the Avent ones.  It looks like there is no difference other than the width of the bottle.  Does anyone know what the benefits to the wide neck would be with the Dr Browns?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Re: Bottle Question

Found this on a website - HTH.
    I used Dr. Browns standard - but I wasn't Bfeeding my twins.

All Dr. Brown's baby bottles share the benefits of the patented internal vent system. Many breastfeeding mothers prefer the Dr. Brown's Wide-Neck bottle as the n!pple has a broader base, which can avoid n!pple confusion for the baby. The Standard Dr. Brown's bottle carries the standard bottle n!pple, which is more narrow. Both Standard and Wide-Neck bottles each come in 4-ounce and 8-ounce sizes; our Standard bottle is also available in a 2-ounce size which is ideal for premature babies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Thanks, that does make sense now that I think about it.  I was thinking about it at lunch and thought it could be a pain to try and find the wide mouth n!pples, so I figure I'll get the regular ones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

I use the Dr. Brown's wide neck bottles for my 4-month old.  She took to them right away and initially I was doing both bfeeding and bottle feeding.  I've never had a problem finding the wide neck n!pples at babies r us or on sites like amazon.  Overall we've been very happy with the Dr. Brown's, so I'm sure either the wide neck or standard is great.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

The LCs at SSH told me the bigger issue is flow, not n-pple shape.  They recommended to me the Dr. Browns, including standard, are recommended b/c of their flow, as well as Avent, and the playtex ones.  I'm reusing our Dr. Browns standard bottles hopefully and will just replace n-pples.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

Because our little one was a preemie, I basically pumped all along and bottle fed (breatmilk) so we used the regular glass Dr. Brown's. However at some point daycare asked us to provide some plastic bottles once our little guy reached the 6 month mark or so....so I went out and got some of the wide neck plastic Dr. Brown's. Having been bottle fed mostly, our little guy definitely prefers the regular shaped Dr. Brown's with "regular" nipples. The wide necks do mimic the breast. It's not that he won't drink out of the them, he just likes to chew on them for some reason, lol.

Sections
Shortcuts