Breastpump Rental Costs & Symphony v. Freestyle/PumpNStyle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Breastpump Rental Costs & Symphony v. Freestyle/PumpNStyle

I thought I read somewhere on these boards that someone rented a Medela Symphony for really cheap, I paid $90/month for mine (ouch).  I'm wondering where and how much others paid.

Also anyone use both a Symphony AND a Freesyle or Pump In Style.  Towards the end of my breastfeeding days, I just used my Freestyle and I could swear that I didn't know the difference.  Did anyone else have some input?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiveLoveLearnEnjoy. Show LiveLoveLearnEnjoy's posts

Re: Breastpump Rental Costs & Symphony v. Freestyle/PumpNStyle

Insurance paid for us to rent the symphony and then paid for my pump in style so I don't know how much it cost but someone said in another post they paid $30 a month I believe.

I used both and thought the symphony did a much better job being hospital grade.  I definitely could tell a difference when I got my pump in style.  It was also a whole lot quieter!  I think if I was EPing I would definitely want the symphony over the pump in style.  I felt a big difference between the two...I actually didn't mind pumping with the symphony and was sad to give it up. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I'm really hoping that person who mentioned it will post here again!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

I was the one who rented a pump for about $33/month. I rented a Medela Lactina Select which is a hospital grade pump which I really needed b/c of supply issues. I got it from a place in Newton called Lactation Care. The business is run out of a house and they're very touchy, feely type women who run it which just isn't my style but to each his own. Since I got a long term contact I paid $1.10 /day. Keep in mind though that the Lactina is very bulky and kind of loud but it went everywhere with me for 7 months. I'm not sure if they offer different types of pumps. I know there are pumps out there that are much smaller and quieter if you don't need hospital grade. I didn't care - all I cared about about was getting out as much milk as I could. Here is their link. Hope this helps.

www.lactationcare.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Sections
Shortcuts