Brighton/Newton pediatrician

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kicsinycsillag. Show kicsinycsillag's posts

Brighton/Newton pediatrician

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to this forum, and in general, pretty new to Boston, and dont have that much relatives or friends yet in the area. I am expecting my little one for December, and would need a pediatrician. Unfortunately I dont know anyone to ask, so I would be grateful to hear some suggestions from mothers here.

I am looking for someone who is kind and professional, but also can think outside the box and not completely against natural solutions like homeopathy or herbs. It does not have to be a super crunchy alternative pediatrician, as we are planning to vax and all, but I would not mind having a more "holistic" type of doctor.

Any suggestions please? we live in Brighton center

Thanks very much in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momofatoddler. Show momofatoddler's posts

Re: Brighton/Newton pediatrician

I very much like my pediatrician--Wanessa Risko at Chestnut Hill Pediatrics.  They aren't so far from Brighton Center.

http://www.chestnuthillpeds.com/index.html

Dr. Risko was recommended by a friend whose husband is a pediatrician.  She is definitely not one to push medical intervention (DD is 3 and never had an antibiotic) and she is very personable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kicsinycsillag. Show kicsinycsillag's posts

thank you, this place looks nice, i ll definitely check her out!

Thanks!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Hi! I live in Allston. We go to Dr. Pearl Riney at West Cambridge Pediatric. They are on the bus lines and have parking. She's AWESOME. We all love her so much. She works closely with Dr. Gill, who is also super cool and very nice. Dr. Pearl has privileges at Mt Auburn, so she was there when I had my daughter! She's so respectful of our (sometimes loopy) opinions and gives us great advice on a wide range of topics -- stuff like dealing with tantrums or nail-biting.

Are you hooked up with the Allston/Brighton Family Network? http://www.familynurturing.org/programs-circle-allston-brighton.html
    They are great. They'll tell you about all the playgroups and stuff going on. There's a ton of resources for families in All/Bright. They offer a "New Baby" visit where they come to your house with presents!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Allston-Brighton-Family-Network/112573022093670

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Not that you asked, but since I'm at it: the REACH program at St Elizabeth's has really good playgroups for newborns and older babies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kicsinycsillag. Show kicsinycsillag's posts

Thanks for your suggestion! I did not know about this Allston/Brighton Family Network, it looks great!
    And yes, I know about the St Elizabeth's playgroups, and I plan to join those. We are going to have the baby at St. Elizabeth's anyway, but unfortunately my ob/gyn did not (could not? did not want to? ) refer a pediatrician, as they dont have offices there in St Elizabeth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

The local libraries have great stuff for kids of all ages, too. The Honan-Allston one has an infant playgroup. The Faneul (or however you spell it) specializes in kid activities.