Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Childcare in Bedford / Burlington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soon2bmom. Show soon2bmom's posts

Childcare in Bedford / Burlington

Hello, I am starting to look at daycare centers for my infant. I like a few of the daycare centers we have visited, but was hoping to get some suggestions for in-home care as well. We are in the Bedford / Burlington area (near the mall). Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Childcare in Bedford / Burlington

Soon2b - my friend recently looked at Inch by Inch Child Development Center in Bedford and loved it: http://inchbyinchchildcare.com/.

She said there is currently no wait for infants.  Her baby is probably starting in January.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I was looking for this as well for middle of next year.  I saw in the area Inch by Inch, Goddard School, Bright Horizons, and A Place to Grow.  I don't know anything about any of them though either though, and what the costs are, and if they will take part time (2-3 days a week).  Those are my biggest questions.  I also will probably look around a bit at daycares in a house too with a smaller number of kids, although I don't even know where to begin that search or when I should start...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

The sticky thread about choosing childcare has a lot of helpful tips about questions to ask once you have candidate places lined up. As far as finding in home childcare, the Mass Department of Early Childhood Education has a list of all licensed providers, searchable by zip code. There is a link to their website on the main Moms page. Unfortunately for the in-home places, you pretty much have to call them to find out anything at all about them, so I would start earlier rather than later. Plus it is easier to visit places if you aren't already caring for a baby.

Sections
Shortcuts