Childcare in Bedford / Burlington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soon2bmom. Show soon2bmom's posts

Childcare in Bedford / Burlington

Hello, I am starting to look at daycare centers for my infant. I like a few of the daycare centers we have visited, but was hoping to get some suggestions for in-home care as well. We are in the Bedford / Burlington area (near the mall). Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Childcare in Bedford / Burlington

Soon2b - my friend recently looked at Inch by Inch Child Development Center in Bedford and loved it: http://inchbyinchchildcare.com/.

She said there is currently no wait for infants.  Her baby is probably starting in January.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

I was looking for this as well for middle of next year.  I saw in the area Inch by Inch, Goddard School, Bright Horizons, and A Place to Grow.  I don't know anything about any of them though either though, and what the costs are, and if they will take part time (2-3 days a week).  Those are my biggest questions.  I also will probably look around a bit at daycares in a house too with a smaller number of kids, although I don't even know where to begin that search or when I should start...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

The sticky thread about choosing childcare has a lot of helpful tips about questions to ask once you have candidate places lined up. As far as finding in home childcare, the Mass Department of Early Childhood Education has a list of all licensed providers, searchable by zip code. There is a link to their website on the main Moms page. Unfortunately for the in-home places, you pretty much have to call them to find out anything at all about them, so I would start earlier rather than later. Plus it is easier to visit places if you aren't already caring for a baby.