Co-Sleepers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Co-Sleepers

Ok this might be a third rail discussion but I am NOT asking the benefits of co-sleeping or not. 
    I would like to know if any of you used one of those arms reach co-sleepers (or other brand that is next to the bed not in the bed) what you thought of them.  DS used a regular cradle but I spent a lot of time with my arm over the edge at weird angles rubbing his belly or head to shush him to sleep and wished I had the co-sleeper. 
    Now that we are on to the second, I am wondering if I should make the investment but I hate adding another bulky item to our baby supplies (we borrowed the original cradle so that was nice) plus I am all about having my room to myself after the first 3 months so it is not like I would plan to use it till the baby was 1 (understanding baby might have other plans).  So I am wondering if it is worth the purchase - I would probably look at the mini version.  Did you like yours?  Having never seen one, is it something I could get off Craigslist or would that be nasty?
    Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongrl. Show bostongrl's posts

Re: Co-Sleepers

FYI... I saw one of these at Kid-to-Kid in Natick with the equipment/gear upstairs.  Might be worth a call to them to see if they still have it.  Not sure what the price was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

I would say don't buy things in anticipation that your second will be like your first.  They will likely be completely different.  My DD HATED going in the crib at night for just about the first 12 weeks.  My DS only had that problem for about the first 3.  I considered getting a cosleeper after my experience with DD, but in the end I was glad I didn't spend the $$.  And with a c-sec, I was glad I didn't have to shimmy down the bed to get up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

I had the Arms' Reach mini co-sleeper and loved it.  I also had a c-section and I couldn't imagine not having it because I felt that it minimized movement.  Given Trouble's account, I think it really depends on perspective. 

In terms of buying it used, I think it would depend on the condition.  I bought some things off Craigslist that were basically new.  In many ways, a co-sleeper is similiar to a pack in play in terms of the way it is designed (meshed sides & thin mattress).  If you'd be comfortable buying a used pack and play, you'd probably be fine with the co-sleeper. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

I used the snuggle nest, DD stayed in that until she was 4-6 months. http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Delight-Snuggle-Green-White/dp/B004LKS0GQ

FWIW, we bed-shared, loved it and recommend it if you are light sleepers like us. Actually, on the cold nights we still keep her with us. 

I agree with the previous poster, wait until the new baby arrives and see what you need at that point. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrkingmom. Show wrkingmom's posts

Thanks for the suggestions...will have to think about this one. 
    ML we have tried bed sharing (a couple times for various reasons) with our now 18mnth old and urgh...I have never been kicked, layed on, hair pulled, and pushed off the bed more!  He is a mover and shaker in bed and has been since about 10 months.  Late last winter he started refusing to sleep in his sleep sacks and there has been no looking back since.   It is even difficult to have him in room as he has always been a sleep talker - even before words he would make so many sounds during sleeping.  I am actually jealous of those who can sleep with their babies - I sometimes would just love a cuddle.
    Granted next one I might be begging for it to sleep in its own bed ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

We had something similar to the snuggle nest called the safe n secure sleeper.  I never in a million years would have thought I would have done that - DS was in the crib at like 10 days old b/c I couldn't handle having him in the room with us in the cradle.  However, DD was such a peanut, didn't make a peep, and slept for 4 hr spurts from the get go, I was afraid we'd sleep right through her waking up.  We used it until about 11 weeks and it was a lifesaver - especially w/ the c-section.  I could have her fed and back to sleep in no time and I didn't have to sit up to check on her, which sitting up and getting out of bed was the hardest part of the section to me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

One of my coworkers had one of those and she LOVED it for both her kids.  She said it felt like she got the benefits of cosleeping but didn't have to worry about rolling onto the baby or anything.  I might have gotten one (based on her suggestions) but there isn't room for one in our bedroom the way the bed is set up.  She did say that she switched to the crib eventually with her eldest.  They are planning on trying for a 3rd soon so she's going to switch her second out to the crib at an earlier age than she transitioned her first.