Cool 1st Father's Day Gift

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod18. Show capecod18's posts

Cool 1st Father's Day Gift

I was curious to know what you guys have gotten your husbands for father's day.  This is the first year he will be getting a gift and i wanted to get him something unique and thoughtful.  Any gift suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Re: Cool 1st Father's Day Gift

I don't remember what I got my husband for his first father's day but his favorite gift of all time has been a photo mug.  He has one with just our son on it and another with a collage of both kids.  He doesn't want to drink his coffee out of anything else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

Awww...this is a great thread!! I'm curious to hear what people did, as well. This will also be my DH's first father's day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from am1028. Show am1028's posts

Sadly, I can't remember what I got DH for his first Father's Day (it was 2 years ago).  But, some gifts (one of these might have been for Father's Day) that he loved were:  a puzzle made from a picture of DD (we like to do puzzles- yes, we're nerds), a mouse pad with her picture on it, and a framed picture of DD and I.  I also hired someone to mow the lawn last year so that he could spend more time with DD.  He thought that was one of the greatest things ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Our go to gift for each other is photos, I don't thing a holiday/birthday has gone by wihtout getting a photo, nicely framed of DS. Love getting them every time.

For DH's first father's day I got a photo frame with enough slots fo each moth DS' was old, and placed a picture from each month-so he was about 6 months old for DH's first father's day, so a frame with 6 photo. It's nice to see the progression on one nice frame.

I've gotten DH the photo mug, and he won't drink from it, doesn't want to ruin it. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

I got DH and my son matching polo shirts (he had made a joke at my shower about how he and DS were going to dress alike all the time).  I also got him Patriots tickets.  That was the expensive part of the gift, but gave him something to look forward to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lilmomma2be. Show lilmomma2be's posts

I got a frame from Things Remembered engraved with LO's name and put DH's favorite photo of our little guy in it. He LOVED it and displays it proudly on his desk at work. I can update the picture each year for Father's Day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod18. Show capecod18's posts

I love all of these ideas.  Thanks for sharing!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

One year (my son's first) I gave DH a picture frame (one of those floating glass kinds) with a b/w of child, a handprint & a footprint. A little note too. That was 7 years ago, and I believe they are still hanging in his office at work....sadly, I never managed to do this for the other 2 children who followed.  Bad Mommy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

Jen--we did the same thing for DS' grandparents at Christmas. They LOVED it.

Sections
Shortcuts