diaper pail

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml2620-2. Show ml2620-2's posts

Re: diaper pail

My cousins and sister told me none of the diaper-de stinkers actually work. Their advice was to put the diaper in a plastic grocery bag and heave it out the back door. 3 cousins have strategically placed trash barrells for just this purpose stationed outside their door.

We will do the same thing if we use disposables, altough we are leaning heavily towards cloth diapering.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

You guys! Stop using all those plastic shopping bags! For shame.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ltp3579. Show ltp3579's posts

I have a diaper champ and a diaper genie II elite.  The diaper genie is infinately better.  It's MUCH easier to use and contains the smell much better.  We use the diaper champ for wet diapers and the diaper genie for soiled dipaers.  I've gone a week without taking out the diaper genie and it's contained the smell well.  And how easy is it?  Step on the pedal, drop the diaper in, and it's gone.  Yes, you have to buy the refils but they're worth it.  You can get them delivered from diapers.com in 2 days or get them automatically sent from amazon.  Just keep a couple extra around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

10 month old twins here and we use the diaper genie.  I get  the refills from diapers.com (where I get everything else, too).  Don't have any smelly problems - DH is a germaphobe and has a nose like a bloodhound and he has no complaints.  Especially since you step on a pedal to open the thing - hands free is helpful.  (I'm diapering two wriggly crabs too!).
    BTW - there is no way in HE!! my DH would pick up plastic bags of dirty diapers thrown near the trash at night.  Divorce papers would be issued forthwith, I'm sure. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hot-tomato. Show hot-tomato's posts

Don't you flush the solid waste down the toilet? I know you can't when they are babies, but for toddlers you can and I think they say you're supposed to avoid putting BM into landfills. Anyway, we did that and our Diaper Champ went strong for three years. Too bad they changed the design, it was great the way it was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

This wouldn't quite solve the problem, but perhaps someone like this would be willing to help you out with getting rid of the dirty diapers?

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/2010/06/03/wis_man_gets_probation_in_dirty_diaper_theft/

EEEWWWW!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

DD is into stinky diaper territory now that she's eating solid foods 2-3 times/day. We don't need to go "hmm did she p00p?" any more.

How well do you wrap your diaper up before you dispose of it? I always make sure to take the tape ends and wrap it around the diaper really well so it's a tight ball. I know my mother/babysitter just fold the diaper in half. It's not a 100% solution, but I think it helps the stink stay more contained. But if you're using the diaper champ you're probably doing that anyway based on what a mess it would make if you didn't.

I also have the diaper champ and I read reviews on amazon that suggest changing the bag more frequently once the smell becomes an issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

It's too late for my champ, but we change the bag frequently since it doesn't hold very much. Maybe I just have a super stinky baby. She doesn't think so, though. Every time I ask her if she has a stinky diaper she says "NO! no no no no no!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Daisy, ha ha ha ha! That's the kind of perversion I can support. Maybe he'd get a charge out scooping the cat litter too. Or cleaning out the gunk that collects in the sink even though I keep telling my husband that we don't HAVE a garbage disposal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

When our pedi put DS on prescription formula (for allergy to cow's milk protein), his p0o became infinitely more repugnant than regular baby p0o.  When we started feeding him solid food, and in particular prunes, he became a p0oping machine.  He now po0ps easily 4 times a day.  And through all of this, I've been very glad we have the Diaper Genie II Elite.  Hands free, no stink, easy to change.  We too stock up on liners at BJs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

OMG, Lemonmelon - you are too funny.  Are you a comedienne in real life?  If not, you should be.

I also recommend the diaper genie 2 elite.  We have 2 - one upstairs and one downstairs - but my DD is only 6 weeks old and on breastmilk, so I can't vouch for it's odor fighting abilities.  It is very nice to have the handsfree foot pedal though as I also have a wriggly crab to deal with.  I cannot believe that they don't grow out of hating diaper changes!  Why do they prefer to sit in a dirty diaper?  So baffling!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaydo. Show kaydo's posts

>> I cannot believe that they don't grow out of hating diaper changes!  Why do they prefer to sit in a dirty diaper?  So baffling!<<

Oh, they don't all prefer it.  The minute DS po0s, he lets us know.  He HATES to be sitting in po0.  Been like that since day 1...

Sections
Shortcuts