Did you feel differently the day you went into labor?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

Did you feel differently the day you went into labor?

I'm wondering if anyone felt different or kind of knew the day they went into labor before the real signs of labor started?

I was induced my first time around so I haven't experienced going into labor naturally.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Did you feel differently the day you went into labor?

All my friends had vastly different stories about it so it seems to vary woman to woman.  And, those who had more than one child described different pre-labor/labor experiences child to child, even.  I think there's no way to guess!  GL - I'm sure however it goes down, you'll know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

I didn't know I was going to go into labor that night, but I felt like cr*p the whole day before my water broke (at 9:45pm). I felt nauseous, horrible heartburn, lower GI stuff, exhausted, etc. I had been having random contractions (no pattern or sustained duration) for about a week, but I just felt sick that whole day before.

GL!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Nope.  With #1, I went blueberry picking.  Contractions started, end of story.  

With  #2, I needed my water to be broken since he was 8 days late.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

I felt like kiwi the day my water broke for DD

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hotcinnababy. Show hotcinnababy's posts

I felt no different with either of my two.  For my first I was at work and didn't realize contractions started (it was back labor and I thought I just had some gas!) and with #2 I took down the Christmas tree, stacked all the boxes in the basement, cleaned the house (I was a week late and trying to get labor going).  I felt a bit off in the afternoon after so much exercise, had a big dinner and went to bed only to wake up in full on labor an hour and 1/2 later with baby born within 4.5 hours.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1stTimeMom90709. Show 1stTimeMom90709's posts

I have a desk job and in the 3 days prior to labor by the end of the work day I felt a pain in my pelvis.  I would go home, stretch out on the couch and it would go away.  On the 4th day, which was a Saturday, I started feeling the pain around the same time 5 or 6ish but this time it didn't go away after lying down and shortly thereafter the contractions started and never stopped.  I lost my plug and my water partially broke that night (thought I didn't realize it was my water).  I did not sleep that night due to the contractions and was home until 6 PM the next day when I decided enough was enough.  I would have went earlier but the contractions were very inconsitent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

I've heard so many different stories I think it must depend on the woman.  You always read about those people that barely make it to the hospital on time!  I didn't feel different in the morning, I just went to work.  My contractions started at about noonish/1ish and were pretty consistently an hour apart for a while, then gradually became more frequent and stronger.  I hadn't had ANY braxton hicks or anything like that and I was past my due date so I assumed they were real contractions to start out with.  They got to be about 7 minutes apart overnight but then slowed in the morning.  After raking out the garden and waddling around Lowe's with my husband they got faster and more intense.  I took a bath at about 3 PMish and my water broke.  After that, they got a lot faster and more intense.  We got to the hospital around 530ish, they got us into a room by 8 ish, and I gave birth at 11:52PM.  It was tough because I hadn't slept much in a while due to the regular contractions the night before.  Other than that it was pretty uneventful, no tales of frantic taxi rides or anything.
    Good luck!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trhoward. Show trhoward's posts

Thanks everybody!
    The scenario that play in my head is that I'm on my way home from work and stuck in traffic on 128 and my water breaks. DS#1 came pretty quickly so I worry about this one coming with very little notice!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I woke in the middle of the night with a feeling of intense excitement and anticipation. After a few minutes I realized that I had what felt like very light menstrual cramps.

Now ask me how I felt a few hours later.

Tr, just don't use the breakdown lane! Even if the police say you can.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/12/04/in_rush_hour_labor_ticket_delivered/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

With DD, I felt off, but I had so much pelvic pain/pressure for the whole second half of the pregnancy, I wasn't sure.  But, I had some waves of nausea, extreme exhaustion, and lower GI symptoms during that day.  I also totally dropped that week.  It was a Saturday and i went into work to do some maternity leave prep and ended up cleaning my office... must have had some inclination!  I posted this elsewhere here, but DH and I had a new sitter at home for DS and went into town for one last date night.  I joked with the valet to not park too far in case I went into labor.  No sooner did we climb the stairs to the restaurant, but my water broke all over the floor checking in.  Luckily, the valet hadn't parked our car yet ;)  Immediately, 2-3 min apart contractions started.  We drove back down south, stopped at our house so DH could get our stuff and change out of date night clothes, and went to SSH for my c-section.  I have a hunch I was probably pretty dilated and further along than I thought - probably in labor since the day before when my "off" feeling started, but they never bothered checking since it was a c-section and I didn't ask. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I did not feel one bit different the day I went into labor.  I actually had an appointment with the OB that day and was less than 1 cm dilated.  That night I started to feel crampy around midnight (early contractions) and I ended up delivering at 4 pm the next day.

Sections
Shortcuts