double jogging stroller recommendations?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

double jogging stroller recommendations?

hi - i'm interested in a double jogging stroller and don't know where to begin.  it's for 18mo twins.  we live in boston and will have to wrestle it out the door, down the steps and onto the esplanade via ramps so user-friendliness is more important to me than cost (within reason).  i don't care about features such as trays, reclining, basket size etc. so much b/c it would just be used for jogging (though if you can tell me if i'm wrong to not care about those i'd be interested too!).  any suggestions?  thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ml26202. Show ml26202's posts

Re: double jogging stroller recommendations?

I don't have any first hand advice, but if this isn't too far for you, it might be worth checking out. I'm sure you could find a bunch of MOMs to ask, and equipment to check out and compare.

Announcing: Seacoast Area Mothers if Multiple's MUlti-Family Indoor Yard Sale
    There will be good quality, gently used children's clothing, baby equipment, furniture, strollers, feeding and bathing accessories, toys, books, bedding, maternity clothes and much more!! If you have children, grandchildren, babysit children, know anyone with children or expecting then this is a sale you don't want to miss! Support the non-profit Seacoast Area Mothers of Multiples

SAMOM Members can shop early at 8am!!!!

Event Details
    ------------
    What: SAMOM MUlti-Family Indoor Yard Sale
    Who: Seacoast Area Mothers of Multiples
    When: Sat May 12, 2012, 9 am - 1 pm EDT
    Where: Little Harbour School
    Portsmouth, NH

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Stefani - I don't jog or run so I can't really offer any specific advice. Are you a member of a Mother of Twins Club?It's a great questions to post on one of their websites.
    Our MOT tag sale out here in Needham was 2 weeks ago. I'm sure they had a ton of double joggers.  Oh well.
    Otherwise I'd call Magic Beans and ask them what they recommend...and then buy it online or at BabiesRus. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

The BOB hands down! You can find them used on craigslist or Ebay for much more reasonable cost.  Go test drive it in the store you will be shocked!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefani2. Show stefani2's posts

hughkona - which "bob"?  is there a model #?  thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTMum. Show CTMum's posts

I agree with Hughkona - I love my double Bob Revolution for running (and my single one, too, for that matter).  While the double Bob will fit through doorways, it is a tight squeeze.  I know that is a factor for you, Stefani, so I would recommend checking one out in person and trying to go through the doorways. 

Bob makes four different models in duallies: Revolution, Ironman, Sports Utility and Strides Fitness.  Two have fixed front wheels, two have swivel front weeks (which can be easily locked with a flip of a locking pin).  I like the added maneuverability of the swivel front wheel, which is one of the primary reasons I picked the Revolution. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Stef - I have the double bob revoluation (bob calls all their doubles "duallie")  I recommend the swivel front wheel that can be locked for jogging as suggested above.  There are joggers with permanently fixed front wheels but the maneuverability is tough.  The swivel wheels give you more options and versatility.
    Most double joggers are BIG and BULKY.  No way around it.  I don't know if it is a jogger or just a double "all terrain" but mountain buggy did come out with a model last year that was supposed to be as streamline as they can get, but again, not sure if it is actually a jogger.  If you can get to a Magic Beans to look at some with both kids, then scour craigslist, that might help. 
    I do have the extra's for my BOB b/c it is my main double walking stroller - I walk after work, we walk early AM some times, kids bring snacks, toys, etc.  I like having the cup hold for me and the trays for them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hughkona. Show hughkona's posts

Yep, I was talking about the Bob Revolution SE, thanks guys! :)  I was using a regular Graco stroller for my first baby and walking with the Bob with #2 is such a difference!  It feels like it is walking you.  You can check out reviews on amazon, its very highly rated.

Sections
Shortcuts