Ergo vs. Bjorn

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

Re: Ergo vs. Bjorn

ha ha, I just checked and they have a new one up -- it features what looks to be a six-year-old kid who pretty much just climbs in behind the stunning model who couldn't possibly have that stomach after giving birth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

Here this blog is a much better website on how to use the Ergo than the Ergo website...
    http://www.the-ergo-lady.com/ergo-baby-carrier/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

Can I revive this thread?  

I am looking at carriers and I get the general impression to avoid the bjorn.... both my DH & I have lower back problems so I want the most support I can get.  I am deciding between the Ergo and the Babytrekker ... looking at the babytrekker I like the versatility in carrying positions and that it is soft ... I looked at their website to find where I can get one and it looks like I can only get one direct from them and they are $150 ... which is about $45 more that the Ergo I looked at.

Would anyone strongly recommend the babytrekker vs the Ergo, making it worth that much more?

And, if you have the babytrekker, where did you get it?  di dyou buy it direct fromt eh website?

Is there another one out there that you'd recommend?  I am thinking I'll use the Moby for the first several months and then switch to one of these carriers..   I'd love your opinions and input! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

I think I'm the only one with a babytrekker. You can only buy them from the website. I loved mine! You can wear it forever. But it is bulky. If your baby will only face out, it's indespensable. But if your baby will inward-face, something like the Ergo or Mei Tei is probably easier to use.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

Krystabel - I had a Baby k'tan that I got 2nd hand for when DS was itty bitty (sort of like a moby) and then we bought the ergo when he was about 4 mos.  I really love my Ergo and DS didn't seem to mind facing in all the time.  Now I wear him on my back because he's long and huge and it's hard to manuver with the giant child strapped to my front!  Another perk to the Ergo is that it has a privacy sheild that come up out of the front pocket.  I found that really useful when DS was on my front and napping in the grocery store.  It would block out the visual stimuli and he would snooze away.

I would definately check out Magic Beans.  They have all the carriers and will let you try them all on with a weighted doll.  HTH!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

We have the exact same set up as CoffeeQueen.  K'tan for itty bitty, and now we use the Ergo.  The Ergo is really comfy.  We're still using it on the front and haven't gone to the back-wearing yet.
    If you can, another possibility is to wait until the baby is about ready to ride in the carrier.  You will be able to tell if they are happy facing in towards you, and you'll also be able to test the comfort.  Plus, you can't really tell how it will fit if you're trying it on while pregnant!
    I am not sure about Magic Beans, but at Isis they will let you try on the carriers with the actual baby.  One of my friends went back and tried them about 5 times before she decided to go with the Ergo.

If I were to do it again, I would not have gotten the K'tan since we used it for such a short time.  This was largely because DD was born in the summer and we were both sweaty messes if I tried to take her out in a carrier.  We got some use of it inside the house, but not enough to make it worthwhile.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jewelsagem. Show jewelsagem's posts

Medford, have you tried the criss/cross hold on the K'tan?  I still use it for my 18 lb 6 month old who loves facing outward and it's great!  The K'tan has been a great carrier for the early months while my Ergo sits in waiting!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krystabel. Show Krystabel's posts

Thank you all for the advice! I changed my registry to include the Ergo (I wish I could register for the babytracker) and took the Bjorn off. ... I have the Moby on there too... I am depating it I should leave it on there or take it off... I might just leave it on there and try it out once the baby comes ... I think I'd be able to return it if it doesn't work for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: Ergo vs. Bjorn:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for the advice! I changed my registry to include the Ergo (I wish I could register for the babytracker) and took the Bjorn off. ... I have the Moby on there too... I am depating it I should leave it on there or take it off... I might just leave it on there and try it out once the baby comes ... I think I'd be able to return it if it doesn't work for me.
    Posted by Krystabel[/QUOTE]

I used the Moby for a short time -- just a few months -- but I would have been in a real pickle without it because my daughter had reflux and was also one of those babies who scream when they're not being held, so the moby allowed me to do things like pee and eat with two hands. I guess it would depend on the store's return policy, but I can pretty much guarantee that you won't be able to get your moby back into the bag once you remove it. I don't know how it gets in there in the first place. It's like 40 feet of fabric, and it somehow fits into a bag that I now use for my Ipod. You can always buy a moby on craigslist, too. They don't get a huge amount of wear, so a used one should be fine.