Exercising

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nene72. Show nene72's posts

Re: Exercising

DD is 14 months and I'm still trying to figure this out.  Similar to GC, I've hired a trainer but it was too expensive to keep up after the special runs out.  I have to get out of the house by 7 every morning and I'm NOT a morning person so working out in the morning is out of the question.  DH doesn't get home until 7. 

I've thought of leaving DD at daycare to quickly workout before coming home but I don't really want to leave her again after being gone most of the day.  Recently (as in two weeks ago), I bought a boston deal to a yoga studio near my house and have been going in the evening.  I was skeptical that it would work but we are finding a way to make it work.  I've worked out a schedule where I can make it 3-4 times a week.  I guess we should follow-up in 3-4 months to see if I'm still going ;-) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I went on a diet BEFORE getting pregnant with my twins.  Didn't want to start out overweight.  I went on the South Beach Diet and walked for 30 minutes on a treadmill (watching TV). I lost 20 pounds in about 8 or 10 weeks.
    So - especially if you are having a hard time exercising a lot, cut the carbs.  As my father always says, "before the gov't came out with that stupid food pyramid EVERYONE knew that carbs made you fat." If you want to lose weight fast, don't eat anything white (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and sugar). Ever notice that the huge rise in obesity started when they published the food pyramid?  It was a big mistake, just 'cause carbs are fat free, doesn't mean they are slimming or healthy.
    Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LowellwTwins. Show LowellwTwins's posts

In Response to Re: Exercising:
    [QUOTE]My PCP keeps telling me that, "chasing twins all day is not the same as getting some real exercise."  I have no idea when I'm supposed to get this exercise without collapsing myself.  I do have a treadmill and TV/DVR set up in the basement too.  But I can't bring myself to go down during naptime (my only break in a 14 hour day) and use it. I agree that finding some time on weekends when your DH can watch the kids is a good idea. And when I did work, I often went to the gym for a quick workout at lunch.  If there is somewhere close, it's a great option. Good luck!
    Posted by misslily[/QUOTE]

misslily, you are not alone! with twins there is seriously no time to fit solo exercise in. I have twin 3-month-olds and if they (rarely) ever nap at the same time...I have a trillion other things demanding my free hands. ugh. for now, I'm taking advantage of this great weather and pushing that stroller outside as fast as I can for exercise. worried once snow and ice set in what we'll do. I have no idea how to lose the extra 20lbs from pregnancy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

misslily, very good post - the food pryamid was definitely a harmful farce.  At least they finally changed it, but far too late for much of America who followed it faithfully as wrong as it was.

Sections
Shortcuts