Fall Fun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Fall Fun

I remember last year we had a post of Fall Fun activities so I thought we should get one going this year.

We went to Honey Pot Hill for apple picking yesterday and had a fun time, the prices is right and it has just enough activities for DD who is almost 2.5.

I'm thinking about trying this place in the next couple weekends:
    http://sauchukfarm.net/Maze.html

At the Sheep Pasture in Canton there is a craft fair this coming Sunday.  They have pony rides and other animals to see.
    http://www.nrtofeaston.org/home.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

Re: Fall Fun

Topsfield Fair starts on Friday!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Can't wait for the Topsfield Fair!  Have never been.  Those of you who have been - is there a "best" day or time to go?  Am a little worried about crowds (because I just don't like them very much...)

We decided to skip apple-picking this year and wait until DD is walking next year... but I am missing it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The Topsfield Fair is busy at all hours on the weekends.  Weekdays have cheaper admission, an indication that it's not as crowded then, although, we've never gone on a weekday so I can't say for sure.  I'd figure if you took Tuesday the 4th off to go there's be a pretty small crowd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I too can't wait until the Topsfield Fair.  We can't go during the weekday, but we enjoy going on the weekends.  I love their German Fries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kiwigal. Show kiwigal's posts

As a former Western MA girl, I also have to put in a plug for the Big E. We took DS last year and he loved getting up close to see the sheep and cows in the animal buildings. As he and our second DS get bigger, it will be fun to see some of the shows, ride some rides, eat lots of junk food together!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ooh, I didn't even realize the fair went on during the week.  I have Wednesdays off at present - I'll go one of those!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

For maze, we went to this one a few years ago and loved it (but it was pre-baby):
    https://www.davisfarmland.com/megamaze/index.html

However, we loved it and we saw kids running around, having fun.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Fall Fun:
    Ooh, I didn't even realize the fair went on during the week.  I have Wednesdays off at present - I'll go one of those!
    Posted by poppy609

the only Wednesday it's open is Oct 5th.  Here are the dates and admission prices:  Topsfield Fair Dates

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichelleandtheBoys. Show MichelleandtheBoys's posts

The Topsfield Fair can still be very busy on weekday afternoons and evenings, depending on the weather and scheduled entertainment.  If you go in the morning (you can even go in before it is officially open in the am) it is so much more enjoyable.  We typically go early on opening weekend and we still get a couple of hours in before it gets crazy, and weekdays are even better, before school gets out.  I live very close, so we sometimes go two or three times, but I'm hoping we can get away with only once this year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ModeratorJen. Show ModeratorJen's posts

Thanks for starting this, KT75!  I made it sticky so it stays at the top of this forum for easy access.  Great ideas!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dz76. Show dz76's posts

Apple picking/ pumpkin picking is so much fun in the fall. 

We love Mack's Apples in Londonderry, NH.  We go and have a lunch in their picnic area and after picking apples and pumpkins, we hit the store for cider donuts and to look at the ducks and swans in the pond.  We've been doing this for years, both pre and post kids.

I've done the Davis Farm corn maze in past years.  It was fun but it was pre kids and I don't remember if you could (or would want to) bring a stroller in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

We've gone to this place the past two years and are going again on a play group field trip next week.  Its great for younger kids, pretty straight forward - I was surprised to see that they have hay rides too.

http://nihtilafarm.com/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

I posted this in another thread, but our new daycare (very pleased!) in South Easton is having some fun promotional events this fall.... (free!).  The one in November will have the Easton Children's Museum and other fun things.  I thought I would share the free fun:
    http://southeaston.tlechildcare.com/bulletin-preschool-kindergarten-daycare-childcare.php

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414933. Show user_4414933's posts

You can always check out http://boston.supersoccerstars.com/index.php for a FUN FALL soccer class for your young ones!

We have locations all over Metro Boston Area:
    North End, Back Bay, Cambridge, Charlestown, Newton, Brookline, Arliington, Winchester, Lincoln, Sudbury and MORE

Call us at 781-777-7171 for more information and to enroll

Perfect for kids ages 2-7 years old Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

great post!! we have been trying to be outside as much as possible before it gets cold...

we recently went to the Belkin farm - picked pears, peaches, and some apples. they have a nice playground at the "Second stop" on the train, plus a place to get burgers and some animals. it was great- took DS in a backpack (although a little muddy with the rain- should have worn boots!!) and although it says no strollers, that isn't really true (you have to collapse it for the train) Poppy- we actually tried to keep DS from walking- since he wanted to climb between the rows- and kept him in a backpack...
    We also went out to the zoo in Southwick a few weeks ago, which was also a lot of fun. we hadn't been before- but it was great in the cooler weather and the petting zoo and deer forest were great for DS (although he is still a little young for the feeding part, he loved watching!)

however, both cost money... am trying to be creative and think of other things to do outside that aren't as costly- have been looking at a lot of playgrounds... how do people find them? we still need the infant swing, so a lot of elementary schools don't have them... when I google playground, i either get something in minnesota or a field for soccer (With no equiptment).

and, has anyone been to edaville since it was bought out?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

KT - went to the NRT this weekend.  It was fun!  Loved the pumpkin decorating. 
    Winter, remind me what town you are in...
    South Shore folks, we hit up Pump n Jump at the Independence Mall in Kingston on a rainy day - AWESOME.  And they have a section for smaller kids which is great. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

MM- south shore-Quincy/Braintree area.  pump and jump sounds awesome...will have to look into that!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

MM- We didn't go this year, I usually go with my mom and we decided the weather was not good for us...Also, they did not have pumpkin decorating in previous years, darn.  I'm glad to hear it was fun!  I have heard of Pump n Jump have not made it there yet, I will have to try and get there.

Winter - On Oct 15th Pond Meadow Park has Pumpkin day, I think the cost is really minimal.  I took the kids to Southwick over the summer, it was nice but expensive.  You should check out the little (key word little) zoo area at Blue Hills, its cute, you can feed the ducks and its free!  Houghtons Pond in Milton is a short drive from there and has a nice playground.

Sections
Shortcuts