Favorite 1st Birthday gift

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

Favorite 1st Birthday gift

Hi Everyone,
    In two weeks I am attending my cousin's daughter's 1st birthday.  I know typical gifts are toys, money but I was not sure if there was a gift that your child recieved that they or the parents absolutely loved?  Looking to spend around $30 - $40.  Toys or anything else are welcome.
    TIA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

Re: Favorite 1st Birthday gift

My son received so many toys for his first birthday that we ended up stockpiling them (in hiding) and pulling them out randomly for the next couple of months.  I love Picture People and I had a friend give us a gift certificate to use there - which I was so excited for....it wasn't just another toy and will always remember when I look at the pictures!  Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

The best gift for a one year old is a big level spot with a frosted cake in the middle. Turn that youngster loose on this cake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite 1st Birthday gift:
    [QUOTE]My son received so many toys for his first birthday that we ended up stockpiling them (in hiding) and pulling them out randomly for the next couple of months.  I love Picture People and I had a friend give us a gift certificate to use there - which I was so excited for....it wasn't just another toy and will always remember when I look at the pictures!  Good luck!
    Posted by culhasa[/QUOTE]
    Culhasa - that is a great idea.  Thank You!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

There are several makes of cassette players  that are extremely durable, intended for 3 year olds to operate themselves.  Unlike your nice CD players, they are sold with the Fisher Price type toys, and can take a lot of whacks.    Whether you want to get into playing nice soothing sleepy music at nap and bed time, or other things, the time between1 and 2 years children begin to love things like Wee Sing (simple songs, hand play) and simple stories and rhymes. 
         Most libraries have a lot of these on tape still.  Many people also donated discarded talking books tapes when formats for the blind changed over to high tech, so lots of stuff is around cheap.  But lots of people do not have tape players anymore!  Or only as part of a system that records and plays CD's as well, good for making tapes but bad for baby to handle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from culhasa. Show culhasa's posts

No problem!!  (I often do it for new baby gifts too....especially those that are having a 2nd child and have a lot of clothes/"stuff".)

Sections
Shortcuts