February Infants & Toddlers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Re: February Infants & Toddlers

Hi everyone.  Happy February.  Chipping away at winter with each day, right!?

Sounds like everyone is dealing with sleep issues and sickness.  Add me to the list!  DD2 has been fighting a cold since Christmas and still is not a great sleeper.  She is 8 months old and is one of those babies who just wants to be cuddled and held and is not a fan of being by herself in her crib.  We try some versions of crying-it-out, but walk a fine line between getting her too worked up and also trying not to wake up DD1 (3.5).  I have a really hard time with CIO, and a lot of times just end up giving in and nursing her back to sleep so everyone isn't a walking zombie in the morning! 

DD2 is doing great though.  Happiest little baby ever.  She just had her 8 month checkup and she is still a peanut at 15.3 pounds.  10th percentile, but DD1 is petite too - so that just seems to be our blueprint I guess.  Happy and healthy.  She is really fighting the bottle lately at daycare, so they give her b-milk in sippy cups and she takes it that way.  One day when she didn't have a sippy, she actually drank it out of a dixie cup!  She also eats food like there is no tomorrow.  Loves all kinds of purees - fruit and veg and oatmeal.  Loves puffs too.  I've been meaning to try some more finger foods, like small pieces of banana too - maybe I'll get around to it this weekend. She still doesn't have any teeth yet though, so that is a factor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

ALS, my DS (now 9 months) was rejecting bottles, too, but would take a sippy.  Now he's back to liking bottles.  Maybe teething, for him??  Who knows!  My older DD abandoned them around 11 months and never looked back.  DS loves purees so much, but we are not having much success with finger foods.  He can get them into his mouth, but just as often they come back out.  He seemed more excited about a baby cracker we gave him and did great the first time, but then he has since spurned them.

Arcain, that all sounds normal to me, too.  Two things that did help us: one, I read that our response makes it seem like a game to them, so we tried to remove attention when possible, provided it was not a safety issue.  Two, we started to use a lot of 1, 2, 3 when DD was 2, but for me, it helped to say what was going to happen at 3.  Like, "if you don't sit in your car seat by 3, I will sit you down and buckle you."  And then I would do the thing with no response to the protests.  Otherwise I often found I got to 3 and didn't know what to do next!

KAM, that sounds great to me.  I doubt that my DD often plays totally by herself for 45 minutes.  (Usually even if I am doing chores, she is either helping or going back and forth with play, like asking me to be the pretend dance teacher or whatever.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to KAM2007's comment:

luv-that article made me wonder-do I let me kids have enough independent play? During the week I expect them to play indepently from me for 30-45 min-enough time for me to cook/clean up. Weekends I try longer stretches, but DD is at the age when she likes the interactive play-"Look Mommy, I made you some pizza eat it NOW." And lots of reading books. thing is I really enjoy just playing with the kids.

How much independent play do your kids get?

My DD is also in a bit of a clingy phase where she wants us to play with her, to the point where she grabs our hands, pulls us along and tells us to "come on". She can get impatient if she has to wait, but we try to distract her by asking her to do a task (recycle a box, get a certain toy, put something away, etc) or just let her fuss or cry- she has to learn she can't have everything she wants or have everything right away.

She spends a good amount of time when we get home from daycare playing on her own with me sitting nearby. I feel like she needs that time to decompress and play quietly on her own. After a while (10-15 minutes) she wants mommy and/or daddy to join in :)

A somewhat related question- how much TV, if any, do you let your LOs watch? DD is in love with Barney and would watch it all day if we let her. It's at the point where we tell her Barney is sleeping so we can avoid turning it on. She watches maybe 1 hour long episode a day, broken into 2-3 parts. She rarely pays any attention to anything else on the tv, or we have it off. I know toddlers are supposed to have limited screen time, but sometimes it's all she wants, she loves the songs and sometimes dances or sings along. Plus it's helping her learn the alphabet and counting :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Anyone need a good laugh before they start their weekend...

http://themetapicture.com/why-my-kid-is-crying/

It's sad how many of these we can all relate to!

Happy weekend all.  We deserve it :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

In response to two questions.  On independent play, it all depends.  My almost 3.5 year old can sometimes play by himself for an hour.  But other days he wants me to play with him no matter what.  Last Wed, our snow day... my DH gave him a giant cardboard box and he took his markers and stickers and made a huge barn for his tractors.  He played for an hour completely on his own.  But more often he wants us after about 15-20 minutes.

On the TV question... DS watches the ipad for about 30 minutes in the morning while I get ready.  He only watches the favorites in our YouTube that I have already picked... they are mostly the TV shows that he watches (Curious George, Tractor Tom, Handy Manny)  He watches them on the ipad because I have the news on the TV.  And then when we get home from school... I'd say on average its around 45 minutes.  This gives me time to nurse DS2 and make dinner.  Sometimes he gets an hour... sometimes he'll decide to play instead of watching anything.  We recently discovered Handy Manny, a multi-lingual handy man with tools as his friends.  DS1 is obsessed with tools... so he asks for this almost always now.  I could be completely wrong about my thinking, but I gauge TV as ok as long as it doesn't interfere with other things.  If he were to stop wanting to play with his toys, or play outside.  Or get mad when he has to turn it off... then I'd worry about the length of time.  But even this morning, after watching the ipad for a bit, he asked me if he could go play in his room instead.  He seems to know his limits and I'm pleased that he isn't obsessed with it (yet!).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

independent play - DS at 3.5 can play with his trains and monster trucks for a long while. DD at 17 months has more limited span where she can keep herself content - but when it comes to artwork, she can keep herself busy for like 15-20 minutes.  And in the evenings, DH and I will sometimes just sit and let the kids run around - they like to run around together, and we just watch for dangerous stuff like DD trying to jump off the couch, or mediate the fights they have over toys, otherwise we just let them run around. Both kids love books and they will sit for books (DS can sit for over an hour to listen to stories and DD is starting to really sit and listen to a story for a short book, although her favorites are still the lift the flap ones or the Eric Carle series).

screen time - DS loves dinosaur train, and he loves all the different how-to videos DH finds... like how the 777 are made (DH showed a few clips of that, he loved it). On weekends, he sometimes wants to watch a lot of dinosaur train and he knows we allow only on weekends. DD has not shown any interest in any shows that DS likes (we don't have the TV on most of the time other than football sundays) but both kids LOVE the ipads. DD now loves either music stuff or the forest flyer app where she can move the robin around and make it do different things, and she likes the 5 monkeys jumping on the bed and the fish school apps too. DS has his games he likes and he knows how to unlock the ipad and get to his games, so we make sure we know what is loaded on there. Usually it is trains and trucks apps for DS. So some days, we allow like 30 minutes at night. DD - usually only if she finds the ipad, then it is usually around 20-30 minutes.

But for DD - it is music that she loves. She has tried to take my phone to play music, and all the toys that can play music, she gravitates to, and wants to dance. We put on ice dancing on Sat, and she loved dancing to the music, while DS loved watching the skaters. I know we are going to have to let her do dance or something that involves moving to music (I personally don't like gymnastics - I would much rather she got into vaulting (horseback) than gymnastics or figure skating but dance may be what we start her with, considering how much she loves to dance).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

Thanks for the feedback, all. Good to know this is normal, and will pass! I do wonder if it's developmental. DS is acquiring new words pretty rapidly and becoming somewhat interested in the potty (though I suspect that one's still a ways off). I think we do need to do more removing of attention, too. The laughter seems to indicate that he's looking for a response. 

Independent play - my DS varies widely, but usually it's 15-20 mins at most before he wants one of us. Per my previous post, DH has a lot more success getting him to play independently than I do. This past Saturday was my day to sleep in, and I came downstairs to DH reading and DS playing quietly with his toys, which had been going on for awhile. The second he saw me and for the rest of the morning it was "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Sigh...

TV - we generally limit DS to about 30 mins-1 hour a day. On days when he's home, he'll usually get a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in the morning and another in the evening, although if we're snowed in, all bets are off. I'm pretty sure my Dad lets him watch more when he's with him on Tuesdays, too, but they also play a lot, so I don't worry. I've been trying to get him into other shows but inevitably, 2 minutes in, it's "Mickey! Mickey!" It's a victory when I get him to watch the occasional Curious George!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

My DS can generally play independently for 15-20 minutes.  Sometimes more but he often wants me in the room.  He has a playroom with most of his toys in it and often he wants me or DH to sit in the room while he plays.  He doesn't necessarily want us to play with him he just wants us to sit in the room.  Like Arcain, he does better playing independently with DH but that might actually be my doing.  Even when he doesn't want me to play with him I will generally get down on the floor with him and try to engage him.  Perhaps I need to do that a little less.

As for tv, I'll be honest it's on a lot at our house.  DS really couldn't care less.  When we have sports on, which is pretty often, he will watch a few minutes here and there but generally doesn't pay attention.  The only time he will sit and watch tv is the first 10-15 minutes after he wakes up from a nap.  He will have his milk and snuggle myself or DH for a few minutes.  Then he's off and playing.  We've actually tried to get him to watch a few shows just to get some selfish downtime but the only show that will hold his attention is Thomas and that lasts about 5-10 minutes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arcain. Show Arcain's posts

In response to clc51510's comment:

My DS can generally play independently for 15-20 minutes.  Sometimes more but he often wants me in the room.  He has a playroom with most of his toys in it and often he wants me or DH to sit in the room while he plays.  He doesn't necessarily want us to play with him he just wants us to sit in the room.  Like Arcain, he does better playing independently with DH but that might actually be my doing.  Even when he doesn't want me to play with him I will generally get down on the floor with him and try to engage him.  Perhaps I need to do that a little less.

As for tv, I'll be honest it's on a lot at our house.  DS really couldn't care less.  When we have sports on, which is pretty often, he will watch a few minutes here and there but generally doesn't pay attention.  The only time he will sit and watch tv is the first 10-15 minutes after he wakes up from a nap.  He will have his milk and snuggle myself or DH for a few minutes.  Then he's off and playing.  We've actually tried to get him to watch a few shows just to get some selfish downtime but the only show that will hold his attention is Thomas and that lasts about 5-10 minutes. 

Ha, Clc, I think I play the same exact role with my DS. I talked about it with DH the other day and DH said he doesn't feel at all guilty doing his own thing if DS is happy playing. Meanwhile, if I spend 5 minutes checking email, I feel guilty and have to sit down with DS on the floor for the next half hour, even if he's generally ignoring me. I've tried to do it a little less, but I think he's caught on that Mommy does this and now expects it. 

I meant to add with tv that we also frequently have sports on (all of which DS calls "Bee-baw," although he's recently learned to distinguish hockey and is quite proud of himself. We've taught him cute little catch phrases like "Go Pats!" and he likes saying those, but that's about the extent of the attention he gives it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to Arcain's comment:

In response to clc51510's comment:

I meant to add with tv that we also frequently have sports on (all of which DS calls "Bee-baw," although he's recently learned to distinguish hockey and is quite proud of himself. We've taught him cute little catch phrases like "Go Pats!" and he likes saying those, but that's about the extent of the attention he gives it...

Ha, cute! My DD calls all sports football and says "touchdown" and lifts her arms up :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In response to Arcain's comment:

Ha, Clc, I think I play the same exact role with my DS. I talked about it with DH the other day and DH said he doesn't feel at all guilty doing his own thing if DS is happy playing. Meanwhile, if I spend 5 minutes checking email, I feel guilty and have to sit down with DS on the floor for the next half hour, even if he's generally ignoring me. I've tried to do it a little less, but I think he's caught on that Mommy does this and now expects it. 

[/QUOTE]

It is totally a guilt thing.  I feel bad about sitting back and watching him play.  I'm not sure why that is but something I'm going to be more cognizant of from now on.  Generally I just get in his way :)

My DS calls every sport "ball" and knows the hand motions for touchdown and first down.  He also has quite the touchdown dance that involves a lot of quick stepping and twisting in cicles.  It's so entertaining!  DH coaches baseball and he can't wait for DS to come to his games this spring! I'll have to work on "homerun" these next few weeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Ctown - This is wishful thinking from a fellow mom who always wants everyone to get sleep, but could there be some kind of noise waking her up?  A pet?  A neighbor getting in the car to go to work?  A friend was just saying that her 2 1/2 year old wakes up super early, like 5:00 am, so I was racking my brain for ideas, but couldn't think of anything for a kid that age.

Arcain - Are there some instances where you could offer a different option instead of disciplining?  Not saying there is anything wrong with disciplining whatsoever, just batting around ideas.  For example, for the past few months, sometimes DD (3 yo) insists on changing her diaper on the floor instead of on the changing table, so I do it on the floor (unless it's #2 - she knows the rule is that #2 diapers go on the table).  Hopefully I'm not caving in too much, but if he consistently doesn't behave while doing a certain task, is there a compromise?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ctowngirl78. Show Ctowngirl78's posts

Fra, thanks so much for thinking of the noise.  I too have thought of that but we've tried her sleeping with and without a white noise machine and she has both slept and woken up early with both.  It is so strange but I'm beginning to think she is just an early riser.  I've been meaning to write to update but haven't gotten a chance until now.  Saturday morning was another early morning (5:15) and I went into her room and sat with her until her light went on at 6:10.  I just kept repeating that when the light turned green we would go downstairs for milk.  She wasn't happy but at 6:10 the light came on and I made a big deal of it and downstairs we went.

On Sunday morning, all was quiet at 6:00.  It was amazing and of course since I had been up since about 5 wondering what time she'd wake up, I turned on the monitor.  At 6:10 the light came on and she immediately stood up, pointed to it and said "milk."  I went in and got her and we got milk.  I could tell she understood and was so proud of herself when I made a big deal of how great it was that she was quiet until the light turned on.

On Monday she slept until 6:30 and then this morning at 6:15 I turned on the monitor and she was standing up in her crib but just standing there without making a sound.  Before she would have been screaming so this was a welcome surprise!  So, while I know it has only been three days, I am hoping that we are past this!  Keep your fingers crossed!

In the past week or so, her vocabulary has really exploded.  She's saying 1-2 new words a day and is just in general much more verbal.  I've been somewhat worried about her speaking, although she has amazing non-verbal communication skills, so this has me really reassured.  I'm wondering if the sleep disturbance is connected to this new developmental stage.  In any case, I am hoping that I can relax a bit in the morning and sleep myself.

Arcain, I was going to write in that your son sounds exactly like my daughter.  She is much more willing to play by herself for my husband, and is much more patient in general with everyone but me.  So, it sounds like it is pretty typical behavior.  Doesn't make it any easier for us though!  Good luck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Happy Valentine's Day Mamas! 

Last night, I was putting DS to bed. He nursed, we said our prayers, I kissed his cheek and put him in his crib. He promptly rolled over and fell asleep. I felt like I won the lottery!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to Chiclet831's comment:

Happy Valentine's Day Mamas! 

Last night, I was putting DS to bed. He nursed, we said our prayers, I kissed his cheek and put him in his crib. He promptly rolled over and fell asleep. I felt like I won the lottery!

Happy Valentine's day to all! Does anyone have any good plans? DH and I are hoping for a peaceful & delicious dinner tomorrow night at one of our favorite restaurants, but with MORE snow on the horizon I'm hoping we can still make it.

Here's hoping that bedtime routine sticks, Chiclet! I've also been able to put my DD down awake and have her fall asleep without a peep for 3 nights in a row.

Has anyone with toddlers started thinking about (or attempting) potty training? I only ask because my 20 month old DD sometimes tells us when she's about to pee and/or p00p. She also knows the word potty and what it's for. I'm in no rush especially because it's something I've given zero thought to so far!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Happy Valentines day!  DH and I went away last weekend for a night so that counts as our celebration.  For tonight I just asked for pizza so I didn't have to cook :)

We leave Monday for a 5 day trip to Fort Lauderdale.  It's the first time on a plane for DS and our first family trip.  I can't wait!

Summer - we have a small potty for my DS and he practices sitting on it when we fill up his bath.  He's yet to go #1 in it but he likes sitting there.  He has done #2 in it but that's because I saw him make the face while in the tub and promptly pulled him out and sat him on the potty.  I'm not pushing it but happy that he likes sitting there.  I figure for 20 months that's a good enough start.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

CLC - I'm so jealous! I'd love to be somewhere warm next week!

We always go to the same hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant on Valentine's Day. There's nothing special about it. We weren't going to do anything one year and then we drove by it and decided to eat there. It's been a thing ever since. I'm kind of excited to bring DS this year.

I usually hate Valentine's Day, but for some reason, I'm pretty excited about it this year. I made DS's teachers all gifts, I bought DS not one but two outfits. I'm wearing heart-patterned socks today (which my coworkers have already made fun of). Motherhood has changed me! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Chiclet - yay for sleep!  Maybe your Valentine's Day joy is from getting a good rest!  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

Question for you ladies...

My DS is almost 10 months. He's doing awesome eating table food. He dives in to whatever we hand him. He loves meat, not so much vegetables, but he tries. I've been sending him to daycare with yogurt and some other kind of fruit - avocado, apple, oranges, etc. for snack, plus his 2 regular bottles (9 oz total) and puffs. I still nurse him at lunch. Apparently, he's a monster at snack time and has been trying to swipe other kid's snacks. When I got there yesterday, he was stuck between the table leg and a chair trying to get a puff that had fallen on the floor. Every time he sees food, he acts like he hasn't eaten in days! The teacher has started sharing her lunch with him. Yesterday it was peas, the day before was spanish rice and blueberries, I believe there was tortellini in there somewhere. It bothers me a little bit that she's sharing with him. She told me that she used to bring snacks in for all the kids at her old center, but now DS is the only kid that she can bring snack for. (Apparently the other moms are very particular about what their kids eat?) So I think she likes doing it and I don't mind that he's getting to try new things. But I'm wondering if I need to send in more snacks so he's not hungry? Or is it that he just wants whatever someone else has? I don't want him to starve but I don't think he needs to eat all day either.

What's been your experience with your babies eating in a group setting?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MEAC2009. Show MEAC2009's posts

Hi Chicklet! You're doing BLW with DS, right? The same exact thing happens with my DD (13 months) who we did BLW with! I think it's because they're so used to eating when they see you eat, that if they see the teacher eat they want some too. By 10 months DD was really starting to get the hang of eating solids and wanted a lot of food so I would send breakfast (usually a yogurt or a small bagel), lunch (pasta with tomato sauce and shredded veggies or pinwheel sandwiches or leftovers from dinner the night before) and an afternoon snack (applesauce pouch, blueberries, grapes or cherry tomatoes cut in half, etc.). In additional to all those solids she would have 3 6oz. bottles of formula (we switched to 2% cows milk when she turned one) and STILL sometimes the teachers would give her some of the snacks from the toddler room (goldfish, fruit, etc.). That said, DD is 90% height and 70% weight and started walking around 11 months so she burns tons of calories and is very active. The "breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack" was the recommendation of the daycare, that's the routine that they try to get all the 8-15 month olds into.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

Maybe try sending more food with him?  Maybe meat would be more filling if that's something he likes.  My DS is the same age but he's not doing so well with the "real" food - can't get enough of the purees, though.  Either way, you are totally within your rights to ask the teacher to not share her food.  I'm kind of surprised she would, actually.  At our center, there's a big "please introduce new foods at home" thing, and the teachers generally eat their own lunch not in the room.  (This is a center where they have someone to cover breaks.)

I am feeling like the worst mom today.  My DH was away and DS woke up around 9:45 crying.  Make that screaming.  He settled himself back down pretty quickly, before I got there, but then I kept hearing a thumping and he started screaming again about 10 minutes later.  This time he didn't stop, so I went in and tried to soothe him and give him his pacifier, but he screamed more, so I picked him up and he just kept screaming more and more.  It was like I couldn't calm him at all.  Gave him ibuprofen, calmed down a little, but then when I tried to rock him he just started screaming louder and louder.  (By some miracle DD slept through this.)  I don't mind rocking him, but I can't stand it when he's screaming while I'm trying to help him.  I get so emotional and stressed.  Eventually I felt like I had to put him down and take a break.  He kept up screaming after I left but would pause for a few seconds now and then and I kept thinking he would fall asleep but he didn't.  So he was in there for ages all by himself!  And by the time I decided to go back again, he was coughing, totally hysterical, and hoarse.  I finally was able to snap him out of it by showing him the slideshow of pictures on my phone (DH tip!) and then he calmed down and I was able to rock him to sleep.

I just feel rotten that he was so beyond hysteria, plus I'm worried about him at daycare today since I have no idea *why* he was crying and I don't know if he is not feeling well.  DH wisely reminds me that our DD did similar things at that age, and that he will definitely be okay.  But I just feel rotten.  :(

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALS76. Show ALS76's posts

Med - So sorry to hear that you are having a sad day!  We have all been there, and it stinks when you feel like you can't comfort your baby.  I have a really hard time with that stuff too - hearing my kids cry literally rips my heart right out of my chest.  That's part of the reason why cry-it-out never really worked for us...  I get too emotional.

I hope your DS is feeling better today.  Maybe he just had a nightmare or something.

I'm not exactly feeling like mother of the year today either.  DD2 was not quite herself last night/this morning, and had a really low fever.  But I gave her some tylenol and sent her to daycare anyway.  She made it until noon and DH is currently on his way to the pedi with her right now. Prob an ear infection. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

MEAC - We are doing BLW. DS loves to eat! I sent him in with broccoli today. It's not his favorite, but I thought maybe if his friends tried to eat it, it would make him want it too. I'm starting to think (to Med's point) that he needs more protein. I'm never sure what good snacks are. But I do like the idea of mini bagels in the morning. I also think I need to address a more formal meal schedule with the day care. Some days he doesn't eat an afternoon snack and some days it's just puffs. I think I'm too laid back with them but then DS some times falls through the cracks. His teacher works 6:30 - 4 so her break isn't lunch time. She's really a great teacher and DS loves her so I don't want to make many waves.

Med - I'm sorry you had a rough night with your DS. I can't take it when they are unconsollable like that. I hope the rest of the day got better.

ALS - Did it end up being an ear infection? I hope she's feeling better too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwagner13. Show cwagner13's posts

i am surprised that the teacher is sharing her lunch - mostly from a liability standpoint. At our daycare, they make meals for the whole center, and the infant rooms would have those same meals dropped off, subsituting as needed with baby-safe foods for items the babies can not eat as well. But all parents usually stock their baby's cubbies with food (usually for a week or so - I know we used to always have tons of pouches and puffs and such for our infant) and the parents could decide if their infant can eat from the school menu (and what they can eat) and/or the stuff they bring in.

Even though the teacher means well - if you are not sure what she is feeding your baby and if that bothers you, you have to speak up. I know we have to be very firm with regards to DS at times, when we had to temporarily make some dietery changes. Personally, I would not be thrilled to have a teacher giving food to my baby that was not a part of the foods I brought in or a part of the school menu. I would insist on limiting it to things I know and approve at this age.

I know DD when she was in the infant room - and her classmates - would hover under the high chairs to grab the dropped food (they only had 2 or 3 chairs so in a room of 8 babies, only 2 or 3 were eating at any one point). So that is not unusual. Even at home, when she pushes from the table to signal she is done, and we put her on the floor, if she spots something interesting and edible from under the table, she would grab it if we did not clean up fast enough or if her brother dropped something.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

In response to Chiclet831's comment:

MEAC - We are doing BLW. DS loves to eat! I sent him in with broccoli today. It's not his favorite, but I thought maybe if his friends tried to eat it, it would make him want it too. I'm starting to think (to Med's point) that he needs more protein. I'm never sure what good snacks are.

My DD loves string cheese (or any cheese- she'd live on it and nothing else if we let her), pita and hummus, and yogurt. You could try some plain, rinsed canned black beans with some olive oil and lemon or lime juice tossed on for flavor.

Some other good snacks are the Gerber fruit and veggie drops, mini muffins, those ritz cracker sandwiches, bananas or cut up fruit (apples, grapes, berries). Hope those are some ideas that help!

Sections
Shortcuts