Feeding My 10 Month Old

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Re: Feeding My 10 Month Old

Have you tried pasta? My DD loves all things noodle. I cook the pasta until it is very soft (past al dente by 3-4 minutes) and if it a long or large pasta I cut it up. I have used the jarred vegetable babyfoods as sauces, as well as tomato sauce, cheese sauce, just a bit of butter etc. I have also given her asian noodle at dim sum and lomein cut up when we order takeout. She also loves couscous, which is a very tiny pasta. Whole wheat or regular, if its pasta she likes it.
    Also, it can be given on a spoon if cut small or picked up with fingers (use little or no sauce if you go this route)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Jag, sounds like you are getting her used to a great variety!
    I'm trying to think of what DS would eat at that age.  Pancake pieces, or letting him hold and eat on his own, mini pancakes.  He could devour those Vans mini waffles.  Mini whole wheat bagel pieces were good, too.  He would love a little cream cheese on any breakfast item.  Avocado on any type of cracker or toasted item has always been loved, but you can also try chunks of whole avocado - she might like that as a (messy) finger food.  Happy Baby and Gerber both make freeze-dried yogurt melts - we call them baby crack b/c they are still a huge hit at 17 mos.  Moist pieces of cooked chicken breast, turkey, hamburger, turkey burger, organic turkey dogs with the skin off and of course, he loves meatballs.  I keep chicken and beef broth in my fridge and would sometimes us that to moisten meat for him.  Pieces of string cheese are always a hit.  Cooked peas and carrots were a favorite, as well as green beans.  Also, cooked sweet potato and/or squash chunks.  Basically, I just tried to give finger-food sized versions of his favorite jarred hits.  It was definitely messy at first, but at 10 mos, a lot of nutrition still comes from breastmilk or formula, so it is more about the experimentation.  Frozen fruit chunks worked great b/c they are nice and mushy - easy too chew.  And of course, chunks of banana were like gold.  Cut, peeled grapes were good.  I know I'm going to raise a lot of eyebrows for saying this b/c of the sugar content, but he did especially love peach and pear fruit cups - and they are the perfect size for little hands and texture for chewing.  There are some great lists online for "first finger foods" and some people even include hard-boiled egg yolks on that list.  You may want to google and see if anything sounds appealing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

MM379 has great food suggestions.  At this point, she's getting enough vitamins and such in the formula so don't worry about quantity of food.  Just introduce her to lots of things, let her feed herself as much as she likes.  Think about getting balanced meals into her througout the week rather than througout the day.  So if she eats tons of carbs one day, maybe she will eat more fruits and veggies the next day.  And don't be affraid to season things!!!  My son is 13 months and he loves all things with a mexican flair.  His favorite is chunky gaucamole with lots of cilantro and lime!  We use salt, pepper, butter, and all sorts of spices in his food.

That's also too funny about the Happy Belly yogurt bites.  I call them baby crack too because my son its NUTS for them.  I happen to love them too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Here are a few more I have found DD enjoys:
    Cottage Cheese, Dr Pragers broccoli and spinach cakes, Peas, Carrots, banana, cut up grapes and blue berries, Mandarin Oranges are a huge hit too.

DD really does not like meat at all so I am always trying to come up with protein options and cottage cheese has been great as well as low sodium deli turkey meat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

We did a lot of veggie burgers at that age.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teaperson. Show teaperson's posts

My kids loved tofu at that age.