First birthday party menu feedback

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

First birthday party menu feedback

Hi all,

I need some feedback on the menu I have planned for my DD's 1st birthday party. There will be between 30-40 people there, from 130pm-430pm. Here's what I have planned:

Chips & dip, veggies & dip, cheese & crackers

Platters of assorted sub sandwiches w/ fixings

Tray of hot chicken fingers w/ dipping sauces

Pasta salad & garden salad

Cupcakes, hoodsie cups & fruit salad for dessert

Soda, water, lemonade, juice boxes for drinks

Is this enough? It's between main meal times and I really am trying to keep it simple...feedback appreciated!

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: First birthday party menu feedback

Yes, that's a lovely spread.  Everyone will be well fed and happy.  Have a great time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

Sounds great! Enjoy! 

Also, it looks like you've planned a lot that can be prepared the night before.  Great planning!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

I think that sounds great!  

Not sure how many toddlers you will have, but I went to a party (siblings 1 & 3) recently where they had pigs in blankets, teeny tiny pizzas and like mac and cheese balls for the kids (and stuff like you mentioned for the adults).  It seemed like a lot of work, but it was a great success with the kiddos!

Just thought I'd mention it in case it helps.  Have fun!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

That sounds great! Everyone will be thrilled and like Lissa said, it won't be too labor-intensive for you. Have fun!!

One thing I did not anticipate that we ran into for my DD's first birthday (since I had never thrown a party like that before) - like you, we did our party between meal times. I guess I was not specific in my invitation that there would be food, so many people came and said, "Oh, I didn't know there would be food, we just ate lunch." We had a lot of leftovers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Wow - that's a lot of food! Sounds yummy. I would definitely take Poppy's advice. I would certainly eat lunch before going to something from 1:30-4:30.

And don't worry too much about tiny food for tots. Mine are happy with regular old chicken nuggets and popcorn at a party. All the kids really want is cake and ice cream!

Have fun!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Yes, if you haven't sent your invites out, I'd say something like

DD is turning 1 year old!  Come celebrate with lunch at our home, from 1:30 to 4:30pm on X date.  We can't wait to celebrate this milestone in DD's life!

And if you have sent the invites out, then you can just get the word out through word of mouth (most of these are family, I'd bet?) that you're planning on feeding the crew!

Sections
Shortcuts