Gift for 2 year old boy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marylp. Show marylp's posts

Gift for 2 year old boy?

Any ideas for a gift for 2 year old boy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Gift for 2 year old boy?

My 2 year old nephew goes wild for anything "dump truck."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Puzzles, blocks, duplos (bigger versions of legos), anything car related-the sets including ramps to drive the cards down.  Spring is nearing, maybe outdoor toys-chalk, ball games...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lissafro. Show lissafro's posts

books! 
    My 2-year old daughter LOVES the nerf basketball set we got her for Christmas.  It was less than $6 at Target.  Of course, there were fancier ones too. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc428. Show jc428's posts

Duplo or Mega Bloks are both great--he will use them for years!  I know you can often find a big tub of the Mega Bloks at either Costco or BJ's.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

A drum set!  (Only for use if you have no children and never plan on having children because otherwise this will come back to haunt you).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

We have a music set that comes in a drum.   At the time it was made by Parents Magazine but now it has a new name and I cant think of what it is.  We also have the manga doodle by them to.  I think those are great gifts.

Both were bought at Target.

What about some kind of arts and crafts set?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KT75. Show KT75's posts

Along the lines of a magna doodle the Aquadoodle is great!  We have a floor mat one that DD loves and totes from room to room but it fold up nice and small.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Love the aquadoodle-they have a travel one and I'm eyeing that one...

DS, 2, loves cars, dinosaurs, firetrucks, hats, balls, books, trains.

This is a huge hit for cars and ramps. At the christmas tree shops I found a black and decker tool bench with DS Loves-not as fancy as this version but I only spent $15 http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-Junior-Workshop-Closed/dp/B0016DE80I
    This http://www.amazon.com/Kid-Galaxy-1St-School-Bus/dp/B000038A89/ref=sr_1_6?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1297869053&sr=1-6 is a good remote control car for kids age 2-they  have other versions besides the school bus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsallnew. Show itsallnew's posts

I recently met a little boy (2-3 yrs) who loved zoo animals.  He was playing with a great set of giraffes, elephants, lions, tigers, etc. and imitating their animal noises.  (it was really cute!)  He also loved music and trucks so all of those suggestions are great too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from amy-lynn. Show amy-lynn's posts

Blocks are a great toy - not just Duplos, but pretty much any kind. Puzzles with a few big pieces. Coloring books, art supplies, big crayons etc. are also fun for a 2 year old. Also anything that fosters imaginary play, like toy animals, or toy food (melissa & doug make great wooden play food sets, things like cookies with frosting, sushi, pizza, etc.  http://www.melissaanddoug.com/pretend-play-food-sets )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

I think it is Battat that makes the drum at Target.  My kids (6 and 2) use it all the time.

When DS was 2 we got him a really big dump truck at Target.  It was in the spring/beach toy section.  He LOVED it and still does.  

Sections
Shortcuts