Gift ideas for first birthday (girl)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maple76. Show Maple76's posts

Gift ideas for first birthday (girl)

Our niece will be celebrating her first birthday later this month. I'd love suggestions for useful, practical gifts. Thanks (in advance) for any ideas!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Re: Gift ideas for first birthday (girl)

Clothes for a 1yo girl are so cute and of course practical. I really appreciated and used all of the clothes we received. I also loved the books DS got, especially board books with lots of great pictures in them. He's more interested in looking at them than "reading" them at this point. He's now 16mo. He got way too many toys. HTH.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Find out her weight before you buy "12 month" clothes - they can be WAY off.  Even if you buy 18 month clothes thinking they can use them later, they might fit now and then won't be the right seasonal weight fabric/design.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

I would say no toys... we asked for no gifts for our daughter's first birthday.  Actually we made it more fun for the parents and asked people to bring a tacky gift for a tacky yankee swap.  It was fun for us!  Some people brought gifts anyway and books are always good ideas.  There's a website where you can go and customize a fairy tale book and my daughter loves it now.  http://www.iseeme.com/ormyveownfat.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Ooh yes!  My son has an I See Me book.  It is great!  The company is very easy to work with too.  Ours came with the wrong date of birth for DS and they sent us a corrected book with no issues. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

my DD got this for her 1 year bday or xmas, but she loves it:

http://www.target.com/Zany-Zoo-Wooden-Activity-Cube/dp/B002YIX0XA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid3&keywords=zany%20zoo&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-4&qid=1299346686&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Zany%20Zoo%20Wooden%20Activity%20Cube&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

It's not particularly practical, but we got this corolle dall for our daughter when she was a year old,and she flipped out
    http://www.amazon.com/Corolle-Babicorolle-Babipouce-Striped-Doll/dp/B00004TYF2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1299350790&sr=8-4

It's french, so it's made of the same natural rubber as Sophie la Giraffe, so it smells delicious. The first thing she did was try to eat the baby's face. Then she tried to give her a sippy cup (another developmental milestone checked off the list). It was very gratifying to see her really respond to a gift. The other huge hits were a chair her size and a ball popper. The chair is kind of practical, but expensive. The ball popper is not practical, but SUPER fun. She's over two now and still plays with these things, so they were worth the expense in the long run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maple76. Show Maple76's posts

Thank you for all the great suggestions!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trouble30. Show Trouble30's posts

Lemon,
    I love that doll!  My DD will be turing 1 in April and will have a new little brither in August.  These seems like it w]ould be a perfect gift for her.

Maple,
    For us, I would say board books.  My DD just LOVES to "read."  She could read all day long.  And I also agree with Kar on the sizing/season problem with clothes.  Defintely check her height/weight before you buy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I actually remember my own ball popper, or at least the distinctive noise it made.  Weird...I had to have been really little.

Sections
Shortcuts