Has anyone tried these two coupon ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

Re: Has anyone tried these two coupon ideas?

MM good news for you, there is now a Buy Buy Baby in Nashua NH (literally just over the border on Rt 3)  Depending on where you live, this may not be too far (it's actually closer than any BRU for me!)

I was in there last week and I am not suprised that they are the same company as BBB - they store layout was very similar... and I agree with your assessment that it was a combo of BRU and some other boutique type stores... for instance, they had a lot larger selection of high end strollers than BRU

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neda88. Show neda88's posts

FYI, there is now a Buy Buy Baby in Nashua NH:

Nashua, NH
    213 Daniel Webster Highway
    Nashua, NH 03060
    Phone: (603) 888-4761

I've been getting coupons in the mail...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

You are kidding me!  I am soooooooooo excited!!!!!!  Yay!!!!  I live on the So. Shore but if needed, it is definitely worth the drive.  Hopefully now, they will creep into MA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

Just be aware of the fine print.  I find the BBB never accepts coupons for all the good baby gear like Orbit Baby, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

Since BBB opened in Nashua, the BRU in Peabody agreed to honor their coupons as a competitor. I called first though to make sure so I would recommend doing the same thing with your local BRU.

BBB in Nashua will also honor thier own coupons on online only items; just like Bed, Bath and Beyond.  They're pretty flexible and if you simply ask over the phone for them to take the coupon they'll probably do it.  Save you a trip up from the south shore!  I've found it just depends on who you get on the phone.

It's unfortunate, like what SarahInActon said, that there's all the fine print.  I would really love to use one of those 20% off coupons on a BOB or another high ticket item. Grrr! :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Ah, I didn't realize the BBBs had so many disclaimers on the hot brands.  That's a bummer! 
    I know occasionally you'll get 15-20% off coupons for BRU when they send their circulars - I wonder if you can use theirs on higher end item. I wonder also if they'll ship free to the store if you order online-only items at the store?  I know BRU has a limited in store selection, but they do carry most brands online.
    CoffeeQueen, do you have any friends who are members at REI?  I believe that you can apply REI membership discounts to BOB strollers if you buy one there.  My friend has a membership and has taken several expectant friends along to REI to let them buy the stroller under her membership.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

LOL, MM, you and I must be on the same coupon-bargain-hunting-wave-length!  We were literally just at REI this past weekend where I proceeded to play 20 questions with the sales clerk regarding the REI membership.  Essentially the "deal" is that you pay a $20 membership fee to join and then you receive a kick back check every spring worth 10% of your total purchases for the previous year.  The girl didn't say anything about coupons so I would be intrigued to know if there are additional ways to save. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Coffee, they must have changed the program.  When my friend was telling me about it, she was able to take her friend and get some sort of 10% discount automatically with each purchase, thus applying it directly to the BOB.  What a bummer!
    Keep your eye on this website: www.babycatalog.com That's where I got my BOB as they do occasionally go on sale on this site - plus free shipping over $99 and no sales tax.
    Edit:  Go on www.babycatalog.com now!  They have a 10% coupon code listed: ID2010 that DOES work on BOB - only catch is they are on back order until aug.  But still, free shipping, no sales tax, and 10% off.  Another option, call Magic Beans and see if they will price match as one time I was in there and another customer quoted this exact website's price on a Britax and MBeans DID price match.  It may be that the actual item has to be on sale though, perhaps they won't price match a 10% off discount.  Worth a try!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GC1016. Show GC1016's posts

THERE'S A BUY BUY BABY AROUND HERE?!?!?!?  (swoon) 

Yeah, those coupons are buggers in terms of what they won't cover, but oh well.  Hey, along those lines, I seem to recall reading on here that Amazon has some annual membership that can save you a bundle on shipping, discounts, etc ... I think someone mentioned it as a good shower gift, actually, and I was thinking of getting it for a recent mom friend, and possibly for myself.  Any users of said service?  The shipping alone at Christmas would probably pay for itself. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Amazon Prime is the free shipping thing with Amazon.  You get a 3 month trial so people I know sign up around xmas and then cancel it but if you buy a lot the fee is probably worth it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

I love love love my Amazon Prime.  You can actually share the membership too so my mom and I split the $80 annual fee and we both get to use the 2day shipping and other perks.  Like GC said, the membership pays for itself during the holidays.  It's super conveinient. Love love love.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

Oh and thanks for the link MM. I'm going to call Magic Beans today and see if they'll match it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

I got my sister her BOB at REI... it's true that you need to be a member, and you do get X% (is it 10?) back in REI credits in March of the following year (which you can then request cash for in July).  Periodically, like 1-2X per year, I get a 20% one item coupon, which I did use on her BOB... I'll have to check, but something tells me I didn't get the 10% credit on it though..

We have an REI Visa, so I get 1% of all purchases back in REI $$, which was great before kids, now I mainly swap it for cash!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SarahInActon. Show SarahInActon's posts

I've mentioned the Amazon.com Prime membership a few times  You'd think that I work for them or something ... I ordered an inflatable pool and pump at 5:30 PM this past Friday and it was delivered on Saturday for $3.99.  We had just got back from a sticky, icky sandy morning at the beach so what a nice surprise!

I order absolutely everything from Amazon.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CoffeeQueen. Show CoffeeQueen's posts

Ditto Sarah.  I'm working from home now waiting for DS to make his grand debut and my couch has gotten so uncomfortable.  I ordered a big medicine ball on Monday afternoon and it was on my doorstep this morning at 10am.  Can't beat the free 2 day shipping and cheap cheap cheap overnight option!  The big plus was that I didn't have to leave my house in this heat/humidity.

MM, I called Magic Beans in Wellesley and they won't price match Baby Catolog.  Darn!  I think I may just sign up for REI, pay the $20 bucks to join and add them to my list of regular shopping haunts for winter coats etc (we're not outdoorsy people so no camping gear for us).  I did see lot's of cute kid and baby stuff when I was there.  They also carry Reef flip flops which is all I've been able to wear since my feet swelled beyond recognition back in March!  Sorry for highjacking your post and thanks again for the great suggestions. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

Hope it works out, Coffee!!!