Heat Spots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Heat Spots?

I don't remember seeing this with DD, but occasionally DS gets some little red spots (not hives) on various parts of him (legs, diaper area, arms, chin).  It's happened on days when he's had normal bland foods (sweet potatoes/oatmeal/bananas etc.) and days when he's had more exciting things (chicken/mango etc.) so I can't correlate it to any specific foods.  I also can't really tell if it's related to heat or anything else, except that I might have nailed down a correlation between me eating spicy foods (specifically chili pepper/habenaro pepper/jalipeno pepper etc.) and the spots, so now I'll try it out again to see.  The pedi said not to worry as they're not bothering him, they're not raised dots and they seem random enough and they're most likely heat-related.

Anyone else have this and have any recommendations for more airy clothing?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

Re: Heat Spots?

Does it look kinda rash like? during the winter we had a few sweatsuits- with hoods- and he would get it at the back of his neck after riding in the carseat for a while. I finally nailed it down to a few different outfits- one fleece one in particular...

he also once got it on his forhead because he slept on a plastic backed barf proofer thing in his crib...  since we have eliminated those two things, never again. diaper area I could see- particularly if DS had been in a car seat for a little while- but chin- unless he was against something, I don't know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IPWBride. Show IPWBride's posts

Lost, my DS gets little spots now and then too.  I've never been able to figure out why.  They come and go fairly quickly.  At first I thought they may be little spider bites but couldn't really pinpoint how that would happen.  They aren't itchy to him at all and he doesn't seem to notice.  And since his go away fairly quickly... I've been fairly lax about them.  If you find out anything different, I'll be watching this post.  My DS is unbelievably sweaty too... so even though sometimes they are not in places I'd think would be hot (his shin?), I have also chaulked it up to heat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from medfordcc. Show medfordcc's posts

We have been having that on the underside of the chin.  It looked like little separate red dots at first and now it's sort of like a scaly patch.
    I definitely attributed it to heat initially (it started on a very sweaty day) and I was putting cornstarch on it before bed time.
    The doctor said it didn't look like any big deal and the cornstarch was a fine plan.  Who knows??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Yes, i'm glad you posted this.. we've had this too quite a bit.. always seems like its' after he falls asleep in stroller or car seat on a hot day.. i've definitely attributed to heat and the pedi seemed to agree.  he also told me to make sure not to use baby powder on it but could use baby oil.  it's in his rolley spots.. under his neck.. rolls on his legs.. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Yeah, I guess that we get this because our 8 month old is 25lbs.  He's got rolls everywhere and the skin can't dry out that well.