Husband blunders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Husband blunders

I think the wife made the blunder!  He told her for weeks that a haircut was needed, and neither did she make an appointment or tell him what a big deal it was.  Apparently, she just blew it off without a word.  So, after quite awhile of seeing a need and not having her respond, he took matters quite cabably into his own hands.  What was so wrong about that?  Just because the mom was upset doesn't make it his blunder.

But, KUDOS to him for being so gracious and taking all the blame for this one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I have no husband blunders, because my DH tries to avoid being "in charge" at all costs!
    don't get me wrong - he helps when he's at home, but I'm definitely in charge of baby duty. 
    Daisy - I'm amazed that your DH did the Pedi visit by himself.  We always go together- and it seems to take both of us handle the twins.  I'd freak out if I had to do it alone.  Kudos to your DH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daisy75. Show Daisy75's posts

MissLily--DH went to the first couple of doc's appts with me., but I've done the rest solo.  DH was really excited about taking them.  For us, I think it helps that our pedi also has (a few years older) b/g twins, so having 2 babies wiggling around is just another day for him, and the nurse helps too as needed.  One of the things DH and I had talked about as far as our expectations of each other's roles in terms of having kids was that I wanted to be able to go out for an afternoon or go away for the weekend and not have to leave "instructions" for him or worry about if he could handle it, and he was definitely on the same page.  I've made a promise to myself that I won't second-guess him on things unless safety is involved.  So, when he gets up with them on the weekend and I sleep in, and DD is wearing clothes that don't really match, I say nothing.  At dinner time, when it's his turn to feed them, I tell him what my mother gave them for lunch so he doesn't duplicate it, but he picks out what they eat.  When we were in the hospital after they were born, the nurses were constantly praising him for being so quick to change diapers and for wanting to hold them all the time.  A couple even commented to me when he wasn't around that I was really lucky to have a husband who was jumping right in.  My mother and mil have both been amazed at how capable he is (and how I don't have to tell him what to do or how to do it).  He's the complete opposite of our respective fathers.

In some ways, with twins, I think you just need to make up your mind that you're going to do it and prove to yourself that you can.  It DOES get easier to get out the door eventually (that's always the hardest part--whether it's just one of us or both of us), but some days it may take a few tries!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tafkaltlg. Show tafkaltlg's posts

Thanks for the kind words and 'support', ladies!
    Daisy, I did save the hair! I get points for that at least...
    Mom is most supportive of everything I do (especially food- we have NEVER given our kids jarred or 'baby' food... I have them eating 'real' food prepared just for them...
    We have 1 boy and 1 girl- not identical. Fun times!
    We sleep trained them, and now I'm working on them walking and talking!
    Will be checking in on these forums, thenaks for the welcome!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tafkaltlg. Show tafkaltlg's posts

BTW, my 'Papa' used to take me into the basement for a trim every time I visited!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

tafkaltlg- I agree with Kar this was not a blunder on your part.  Love to see you posting.

Sections
Shortcuts