Indoor Play Places

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from summery123. Show summery123's posts

Indoor Play Places

With all this snow, does anyone have any good recommendations for indoor play places for an 18 month old? I live North of Boston. I go to the North Suburban Family Network often but looking to try something new.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micromom. Show Micromom's posts

Re: Indoor Play Places

We just took our two year old to a place called Imajine That in Lawrence (imajinethat.com).

There was a nice variety of activities, it felt clean, and it was perfect for his age group.  I'd highly recommend it.

We read about it on Boston Central (www.bostoncentral.com), it's a good resource for things to do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

One Stop Fun in Westford
    Little Gym in Acton
    Gymboree in Acton
    There is a new place in Maynard whose name escapes me
    The Children's Museam in Acton

I haven't  been to any of them as my kids go to daycare M-F :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from quadgirl1234. Show quadgirl1234's posts

I live in the south shore, but we take a ride to Peabody to Little Bear.  They just expanded it and DD loves it.  She is 2.  It is very clean.

http://www.littlebearsplaycenter.com/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notanewbie. Show Notanewbie's posts

On the North Shore, there is Mall Tots at the Liberty Tree Mall, the aforementioned Little Bears, Monkey Joe's (somewhere on Route 1, I think), Little Gym in Danvers and Gymboree in Peabody.  The Sterling Center YMCA in Beverly has a great gymnastics program even for toddlers (with a parent) as well as open gym play times.  Finally, there is a cool program at the Hamilton Wenham Community House that runs a couple of times a week called the Music Man.  It's sort of a free-for-all dance and play scene for the kids, there's a guy who plays guitar and moms can socialize (it's not organized like KinderMusik which is also offered there).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Just for the south shore people too--there's Kidz Wurld in North Attleboro, Boomerang's in Carver (but they might be closed for renovations right now), Imagination Island in Plymouth, and totgym in Canton.  

Not that I have any time to go to any of these places in the winter (thanks tax season!).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemonmelon. Show lemonmelon's posts

In Response to Re: Indoor Play Places:
    [QUOTE] Kidz Wurld
    Posted by Lostgrouse[/QUOTE]
    oh come on

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from canukgrl. Show canukgrl's posts

Oh, another (free!) option that we do pretty frequently is the play place at the Pheasant Lane Mall (Nashua)  It's like an indoor playground and next to the food court.  It can get pretty busy, but if you time it right, like around meal times, it's not too bad - not sure which other malls have something similar.  We also sometimes just go to the mall for a walk when the weather is really bad

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

Any Metro West Suggestions?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from summery123. Show summery123's posts

Thanks everyone! I have been to Little Bears and I have heard good things about Imagine That, so I will have to check it out. Have you guys ever heard of Backyard Adventures?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lostgrouse. Show Lostgrouse's posts

Ha ha Lemon.  There's also a really annoying commercial on the radio for Kars for Kids.  Yes, it's to get you to donate your car, but the telephone number must have been taken already.  However, if you want to call it it is, 1877-Kars4kids.  Awesome.